Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVAL BEFORE APPRAISAL .....HELP

tag
mzware
Contributor

APPROVAL BEFORE APPRAISAL .....HELP

I received a letter in the mail today telling me congratulations on my approved loan. Im confused because the appraisal hasnt been submitted. The condition listed was things that my loan officer has to have at closing, but Iit also stated the appraisal must come in at the loan amount. Anyone ever heard of this.? I thought the appraisal had to come back and then I would go to underwriter for the second time and final approval.  I sent my LO an email. 

Goal Score: 700 Across the Board

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: APPROVAL BEFORE APPRAISAL .....HELP

Sounds pretty normal to me.  Your initial approval is always subject to a satisfactory appraisal.  You current conditional approval is based on credit, income and assets. 

Message 2 of 7
mzware
Contributor

My LO states its my approval. I was approved conditionally 10 Apr. 

Message 3 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

i have seen some lenders put you thru underwriting BEFORE appraisal.

takes more time.... but it isn't weird or anything.

YOUR loan officer should answer this question..... because we can only speculate.

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 7
mzware
Contributor

Ok. Thanks dallas loanguy. I talked to my LO already. Everything has been completed as of Fri. Now waitiing for the appraisal to be submitted. Hopefully by Wednesday. Im ready to get my clear to close.

Message 5 of 7
wpbguy
Valued Member

I think being fully approved before the appraisal came back would be a little nerve wrecking for me. Personally, I would rather hit all the major stumbling blocks before I finish up the loan approval, but that's just me Cat Wink

Starting Score: EQ 612 (CU Lender Pull) 03-2012
Current Score: EQ 679 TU 697 (Lender Pull) EX 668 (Lender Pull)
Goal: Reach the 700+ Club!!!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
mzware
Contributor

found out recently that the appraisal was submitted yesterday. So now waiitng for VA to approve the appraisal and then it's off to underwriting for final approval. One least thing to worry about now. I'm told though they have 5 days to approve. So we are on day 2. Whew!!! The appraisal is what I was worried about. Now I'm through that. Now I just wait I suppose.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.