Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APRIL 2015 CLOSERS

tag
tmkeehn
Established Member

Re: APRIL 2015 CLOSERS

Hey folks, I haven't posted in a long time - but the things I learned here and used 2 years ago got me to ths point.  Midscore from lender pull was 689.  I close on Friday (24th)

Some info:

Purchase Price: $248k

Submitted Offer on: 3/21

Signed Contract on: 3/26

Ernest (Deposit) Money: $2k

Lender Name: Colonial (Had some doubts, but relo company recommended)

Notes about Lender: Great! Pre-approval was thorough and processor had all docs ready to go so a first time pass through underwriting with 0 conditions (and within a week)

Type of Loan: FHA 30 year fixed

Loan Rate: 3.75%

Application submitted: 4/05

Mortgage Commitment Letter:  4/17

Appraisal Ordered:  4/06

Appraisal Completed: 4/08

Went to underwriting: 4/13

Underwriting Complete: 4/17

Final Approval: 4/17
Walk Through: 4/23

Closing Date: 4/24/2015

Message 141 of 163
Anonymous
Not applicable

tmkeehn, almost thereeeeeee Smiley Happy

frugal,

Thanks! 

We're still at the rental, cannot wait to get out this weekend!!!!

Message 142 of 163
Martis
New Contributor

Home Location: Richmond, VA

Purchase Price: $292,000

Downpayment: 20%

Property: House - 2,250 sq ft

Submitted Offer on: 3/20/2015

Signed Contract on: 3/24/2015

Ernest (Deposit) Money:  $0

Lender Name: CapCenter

Notes about Lender: Very good, almost all my friends bought their house or refinance with them so it was no brainer for me.

Type of Loan: Conventional 30 year fixed

Inspection: Completed minor things

Purchase contract addendums:

Loan Rate: 3.875 APR no closing cost

Application submitted: 3/25/2015

Loan Processing: all the paperwork requested submitted and rate locked

Mortgage Commitment Letter:  received and all documents e-signed

Appraisal Ordered:  I was charged a $500 on my credit card and its scheduled for April 1st (money will be refunded at time of closing

Appraisal Completed: Apraisal came in $22,000 above selling price.

Went to underwriting:

Underwriting Complete:  Completed 4/23/2015

Final Approval: 4/23/2015
Walk Through: 4/23/2015

Closing Date: Scheduled for 4/24/2015  done as scheduled

I am so excited this will be my first home financing process!

I closed Friday as we scheduled originaly. So greatful for the great team at Cap Cente Richmond and the closing attorney team was great also.

Thanks for all the help myfico members. When I started the home buying process I was thinking that I knew everything, I was wrong. This forum helped a lot, now being able to buy your mortgage scores it amazing and worth every penny.

Message 143 of 163
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

congratulations!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 144 of 163
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

So we moved into the new house this past Friday. My husband got too big of a rental truck and managed to hit, yes I said hit, our rental house with the truck. It could have been WAY worse but some of our deposit will be lost for sure. I'm just thankful that it was him that did it and not me and he is lucky that I am not the kind of wife to remind him about it forever.

For the statisticians out there, we were using Wells Fargo and we didn't have any issues throughout the process or at closing.

Message 145 of 163
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

have you finally taken your deep breath?!?!

believe it or not, we are STILL moving in.  Granted, we were taking out time because we don't have to be out of our rental until 4/30.  I am working from home today and stopped by the house this morning to pick up the last of the stuff.  We turn in keys on Thursday.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 146 of 163
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

Almost. I will be better after Sunday when we clean the rental and get all the bulk trash on the curb. Heading over there in a few minutes to grab some stuff...since my husband didn't think it was important to take my dishwashing liquid. SMH

Message 147 of 163
Anonymous
Not applicable

@frugalQ wrote:

have you finally taken your deep breath?!?!

believe it or not, we are STILL moving in.  Granted, we were taking out time because we don't have to be out of our rental until 4/30.  I am working from home today and stopped by the house this morning to pick up the last of the stuff.  We turn in keys on Thursday.

I totally believe you. My husband is picking up the last of the stuff at our rental today. I got the mudroom/laundry room & kitchen cleaned to military housing PCS standards (I swear the ceilings hadn't been cleaned in a decade... we'd only been there two years). Tonight I'll go do the bathroom & vacuum... if I'm feeling energetic, I'll clean the carpets. If not, that'll be tomorrow and walk-through on Thursday.

Message 148 of 163
madmann26
Valued Contributor

I fkn hate moving, plain and simple. Between painting the new place, moving and cleaning out the old place, I had to get my sister to come and help me this past Sunday move the garage (yes, it's omnipotent). Oh, and lets not forget the $4.5k trip to Ikea. /smh

She lives 5 hours away and spent the night with us.

I had to get it done before we left for vacation tomorrow. Talk about stressed, tired and just beat the fk down.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 149 of 163
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

heyyyy madmann!!!  

moving is a PAIN.  before we closed, i told my DH that i wanted to downsize in about 15 years once our kids finish college.  

After moving, i've made a complete reversal!!!  This is officially our forever home.  I am NOT moving again!!!!

vacation...woohoo, have fun!!!!!

Message 150 of 163
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.