cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU conditions...are these set in stone? (and thank you's)

tag
happy0510
Established Contributor

AU conditions...are these set in stone? (and thank you's)

First of all, I would like to thank all of you for helping me over the last 3 years as I am finally approved for a loan!! (Shane, Dallas, all the others who have been here since 07!!)

I was pre-approved beginning of Feb and passed AU last week.  Still no house!!  We are having a bit of a cash investor infestation in L.A.!! Lol 

Anyhow...my question...

I got approved through AU and under the conditions it states my judgment needs to be paid off by closing.  I have been in a payment plan for 12 months.  My LO used my payment towards DTI and says this should be fine.  Now that AU has stated they want it paid off, does this mean I have to? It's an FHA loan.  I would like to know now so I can plan!!

HappySmiley Happy

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: AU conditions...are these set in stone? (and thank you's)

As long as you can verify the on time payment history it'll just be included in the DTI, won't have to pay it off.  Good luck finding a home (and getting your offer accepted), it is very busy buyers market in SoCal now.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 5
happy0510
Established Contributor

Thanks Shane!! (Again) You have really helped me along the way!

Yes, it's ridiculous. I plan on being in a house by Xmas if i'm lucky! 

Also, is there any reason to have to rush since my loan has passed through AU?  Do these things set time limits? It shows a date of 6-17-10.  Does this mean anything? I don't see this going quickly in this market.  We are buried in short sales.

Message 3 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

If you are trying to get the tax credit you'll need to move quickly, but if that is of no concern then just go at your own pace.  The 6/17/10 date is probably when the credit report expires and a new one will have to be checked, these days credit reports for existing construction are typically only good for 90 days (before it was 120 days).  Paycheck stubs & bank statements need to be updated every 30 days as well, but after you provide the initial documents you don't need to provide updated ones until you are going into escrow - an end of March paycheck stub isn't going to be useful if you go into escrow in May.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 5
happy0510
Established Contributor

@ShanetheMortgageMan wrote:

If you are trying to get the tax credit you'll need to move quickly, but if that is of no concern then just go at your own pace.  The 6/17/10 date is probably when the credit report expires and a new one will have to be checked, these days credit reports for existing construction are typically only good for 90 days (before it was 120 days).  Paycheck stubs & bank statements need to be updated every 30 days as well, but after you provide the initial documents you don't need to provide updated ones until you are going into escrow - an end of March paycheck stub isn't going to be useful if you go into escrow in May.

Great!! We don't care about the tax credit!! Have a great weekend!! You made mine! : )

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.