Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU count towards 3 open lines?

tag
GA8080
Contributor

AU count towards 3 open lines?

When they say you need 3 open lines of credit when applying for a mortgage, do AU accounts count? We just paid off our joint auto loan and now my husband is only left with 2 AU accounts open (totally forgot about that) We just opened a Cap One Platinum card in his name last week to boost his score, however I don't think that will count towards the 3 for another 6-12 months. Any advice for the quickest solution? The mortgage and utilities are all in my name only. He does have an IRS installment agreement that is paid perfectly. He has a lengthy history of perfectly paid off auto loans and a couple of repair items we are working on that are keeping his score low. His income is $70k, mine is $80k and extremely low DTI.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
kc0039
Established Contributor

Re: AU count towards 3 open lines?

It depends on how many tradelines TOTAL your hubby has

Licensed in IL
Message 2 of 6
GA8080
Contributor

What do you mean by that? Total like open and closed? Or are you saying the AU accounts count towards 3?
Message 3 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

loan might get kicked down to a manual underwrite.....  but 3 trades arent a deal killer with some lenders.

and the auto can still be used if recent.

lender will want to verify housing(rent) most likely.

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 6
kc0039
Established Contributor

AU counts towards 3.. plus whatever tradelines he has currently

Licensed in IL
Message 5 of 6
GA8080
Contributor

Thanks for the info! Dallas- when you say they will want to verify housing, we currently own our home but the mortgage is in my name only because I owned it before we were married 7 years ago. Even though it's in my name only, will that count as favorable to him as well?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.