Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aaah! Does it ever get easier??

tag
GreenbayLover
Valued Member

Aaah! Does it ever get easier??

So after a year of working tirelessly to repair my husband's credit to buy our first home, we're finally at a point where we have a preapproval and our home is weeks away from completion (it's new construction). After applying for the mortgage a collection company contacted us via a dunning letter about a debt that was owed for an apartment complex we had lived in 2 years ago. Knowing that it was ours, I emailed their collections supervisor to tell them that while we weren't accepting liability for the debt, we would pay it "in the spirit of compromise". He accepted and said that while he may not be able to stop them from reporting as it automatically gets out on sometimes, that they could promise that they'd delete it if or when it went on. Well a few weeks after paying (after receiving their acceptance of my offer) it seems the tradeline is popping up. My question is, how long will it take for them to get this off of our report?? I'm so completely terrified since we're within weeks of closing.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jayac

Re: Aaah! Does it ever get easier??

I would give them 30 days.

Message 2 of 3
Christian123
New Contributor

Re: Aaah! Does it ever get easier??

I would call and tell them it showed up and tell them that you need it removed as soon as possible. They should be able to do it within a few days.

Starting Scores 3/10---EQ 495, TU 505
5/13- EQ 720, TU 722, EX 696(Lender Pull)
Gardening since 5/2013 until 3/2014
Closed on dream home- 12/17/13
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.