Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to put in first offer!

tag
Seatown1two
Regular Contributor

About to put in first offer!

Found a lovely condo in a decent neighborhood.  Asking close to list price and 3% closing costs.  I was wondering though, with all contingencies in place, at what point do I lose my EMD besides simply walking away from the deal?  We offered more than we would have normally to compensate for the closing costs however, based on my research Im afraid there is a strong possibly the condo will not appraise for the full amount.  Also, with the loan structured in this way, it seems as if the seller is not paying the closing costs with them actually being rolled into the loan.  Can anyone break this down for me?

Thanks..

Amex Blue Cash - 22.9k | CSR - 21.9k | Cap One Quicksilver MC - 18.5k | BofA Travel Rewards - 15k | Lowes - 15k | Citi DC - 13.2k | Discover IT Miles - 20.1k | Amazon Prime Visa - 6k | BofA BBR - 5.4k
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: About to put in first offer!

Does the purchase contract have an appraisal clause that allows you to back out without losing your EMD if the numbers do not meet loan criterion?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.