Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to start mortgage process....first with NACA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

About to start mortgage process....first with NACA

Hello everyone!

Brief recap about myself...late 2014 my divorce was final, March 2015 I was forced to file for BK7 due to ex-wife bad spending habits which resulted deep doo-doo debts. My BK7 was discharged June 17, 2015.

NACA told me that I can close on or after June 17, 2017 (2 years post-BK discharge) and that I should start the process 4 to 6 months before that date. (My new wife and I are planning to purchase this summer and that our apartment lease ends September 1st). I have been rebuilding my credit pretty well with no lates or whatsoever. My wife is on Social Security Disability which can be counted for mortgage, she is actively looking for state job so we will just use her SSDi and my working income as mailman. We just registered for NACA Home Purchase workshop in Feburary for 4 hours.

I prefer NACA's program due to no closing cost, no PMI, no down payment, etc...hopefully we get the house before it is too high...the rent here is jumping so fast every month for future tentants as well as for renewals, ugh!

Anyone here have *ANY* advices? Are there any programs that's simlair to NACA that I may have missed?

Thanks y'all!

CAMailman

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: About to start mortgage process....first with NACA

Hello CAMailman,

From what you have written, you are exactly on the right track! Everything you wrote is accurate, so you already have a good understanding where you are starting from.  The best thing you can do is download a copy of our Home Buyer's Workbook and read it cover to cover.  It will give you virtually all the infomration you will need to get through the process smoothly and efficiently.

Tim trumble

Online Operations, NACA

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.