Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account information disputed by consumer remarks

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account information disputed by consumer remarks

Hello I'm trying to get a usda loan fha loan and I pulled my credit report it's a collection on my account saying account information disputed by consumer. Is there a way to remove this it's been there for years ?

It's a collections account for 866 dollars they say I own in 2009 what should I do should I sent a letter of validation if d of how for I send it or should I pay for delete?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Account information disputed by consumer remarks

You can call and ask the CRA's to remove the dispute comments. If the DOFD is from 2009, you may be better off just letting it age off your report as simply paying it can cause it to update and possibly lower your score. A letter of validation is probably of no good after this long as they are only legally required to take action if you send that letter within 30 days of receiving the dunning notice. If it is scheduled to fall off very soon you should try for an early exclusion. If you must pay it off, then PFD is the best route to go.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

So do I call the cra to do an early exclusion ? What do i say
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It really just depends on the timing of when you need the loan in comparison to when it is scheduled to roll off your report. I would suggest calling all the CRA's that are reporting the collection and find out the timing. They may be able to remove the entire collection immediately.

All you need to do is call the CRA's that are reporting and inquire about that specific collection. Ask when it is scheduled to come off the report. Then you can ask if there is any way to get it removed sooner since it is so close.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok the collection on Tu falls off 10/2016 and the negivtive is 11/2016 does this help my fico score if it comes off or can I get them to remove it faster
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.