Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add me to CLOSED!!

tag
Donna1966
Regular Contributor

Add me to CLOSED!!

After 2 delays, we finally closed today!!

We are so happy and my son is so excited to finally "own" his room!

Thanks for all your help Dallas, Shane, Brian and everyone else too!
Donna

Message Edited by Donna1966 on 09-24-2008 05:53 PM

Message Edited by Donna1966 on 09-24-2008 05:54 PM
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Add me to CLOSED!!

Congratulations!
Message 2 of 14
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Congratulations

dont worry the excitement will stick around even through the move..........(moving still stinks)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 3 of 14
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Woo Hoo!!! Congrats!

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yayy!! Another one! I can almost taste my closing on Oct 7!!!

Can I ask what your delays were?? I haven't had many bumps in the road (minus finding out someone else was using my social) and am still waiting for a big one to come crashing down.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! I am counting down, I am to close on 10/06!!Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 14
Donna1966
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys!

The delays were caused by the house being an estate purchase...very crazy, for us anyway.

Even on the day of closing we were waiting 1.5 hours past the scheduled time to close.  We had to wait on the call to come to the attorney office.  Apparently there were 4 heirs and one was out of town and something wasn't signed.  They went ahead with closing, although it was "dry" (not funded) yesterday.

So all of the delays I think were in trying to get all their paperwork signed by the scattered heirs.  A lot of stress on my part due to the ending of the DPA, but all worth it! 

The executor seemed like she didn't want to give us the keys, but our realtor suggested that we had the house insured on both sides and plus closing had been delayed last weekend when we wanted to move, so she relented and gave them to us.  I talked to my LO earlier and they are getting ready to fund today.

I about fell out of my chair when I finally got the call to close.  Apparently there was some type of newly discovered tax credit, and instead of having to have <$3000 to close it was $250.00!!

I was SO happy, now I can get the basement carpeted that I wanted early!  Woman Very Happy

Thanks a lot guys!

Donna
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you!!Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 14
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

wtg donna
Retired Lender
Message 9 of 14
vxangelxv
Valued Member

CONGRATS!!! Have you been moving? I just moved a few days ago, and it's a pain in the butt! OMG, so much work, but it's all worth it. I am exhausted. Enjoy your new pad. Smiley HappySmiley Happy
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.