Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice Appreciated

tag
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

Advice Appreciated

Set to close on the 29th... Lender said they would pull a final credit report prior to closing and it looks like they did yesterday.  I sent an email asking my mortgage guy if it was ok for me to refi my car.  Now that they have pulled for the last time and approved I want to refi car and app for two ccs (one credit union and other amex delta rewards gold).  Loaded questions...

1. Do you think he'll say it's ok to refi auto now?

2. Is it ok to app for ccs now that the final report has been pulled?

3. With my scores might I get the Amex delta gold?

I hope to see a copy of the report soon but last time I checked my scores were what you see below.

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: Advice Appreciated

I think you should refrain from apping for anything until you close....even if your LO says it's ok. It's better to be safe than sorry.

In my experience (with home refi), My LO would say one thing and the opposite would happen.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 2 of 4
namvet
Established Contributor

There are many posts about apping for credit during the mortgage process.  Having considerable experience in this field my advice to you is not to make any changes to your credit profile until AFTER you mortgage is closed and funded.  I don't think your loan officer is up to speed on this issue. 

Message 3 of 4
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

Sage advice. I have until the end of the month for the refi promotion so I will wait. A few more days won't kill me.  Thanks for the advice.  Better to be safe than sorry!

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.