Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice for first time homebuyer??

tag
Boldilocks
Established Contributor

Re: Advice for first time homebuyer??

Are the paid collections stil showing on your report?  If so I'd start sending goodwill letters to try and get them removed.  I paid collection isn't much better than an unpaid one on your report, you want to try and get any negatives off completely.

Current scores: EQ 736, TU - 732
Message 11 of 15
TurningLeafs

Bump on what appears to have been mentioned but not clarified (because I'm curious too!) -

What, exactly, was meant by 'opt-out'?

How do you 'opt-out' from having people (presumably CA) snoop on your credit...??

Thanks!

Message 12 of 15
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@TurningLeafs wrote:

Bump on what appears to have been mentioned but not clarified (because I'm curious too!) -

What, exactly, was meant by 'opt-out'?

How do you 'opt-out' from having people (presumably CA) snoop on your credit...??

Thanks!

Hi TurningLeafs and welcome.

Opt Out Credit Reports

Opting out inhibits baddies like CAs from sniffing around your reports. The CRAs sell your info and if so subscribed, the CA will get alerted if an inquiry appears from a mortgage lender or the like. In turn, the CA might opt to report knowing that most lenders will require you to take care of that debt first. Opting out prevents the CA from receiving that info.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 13 of 15
RW771
Frequent Contributor

Yes, unfortunately some of them are medical collections that were paid off as late as early this year. Will some CA's completely remove items from your credit report with a goodwill letter? I know the one major collection that was turned over to a CA from Citibank won't remove it under any circumstance whatsoever. I tried and tried making a deal with them before finally settling and they wouldn't budge.

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know of a wonderful lender who can get you qualified as long as you have no lates in the last 12 months and can prove your income they go as low as a 580 and there awesome if you need there info email me at [Mod cut] and I will gladly give you there info we just closed on are home loan on  07/22/2011......

[Posting of personal email addresses is not permitted on the FICO Forums.  -- Lel, FICO Forums moderator]

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.