Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed please!

tag
beehive
Regular Contributor

Advice needed please!

So my LO wanted to get an account deleted from my credit report...we got the letter to delete, he did a rapid rescore. When I checked CCT( and Transunion), I noticed the account was deleted from all 3 credit bureaus. YAY!!

....then oh no! The account was deleted with the remarks "account is in dispute".

My question, will I get the points from this deletion with the remarks still being on the credit file?

I didn't get a score watch alert from Myfico. The LO wanted as many points possible for the best rate.

From reading this forum, I told him we needed to remove that remark, so we can receive points. He said it would not matter, we will get the points. He ran the scenario and I was to get 33 points.

The account was from July 2009, paid collection.

If anyone can advice of the correct information pertaining to rapid rescore and disputes...that would be GREAT!!!!

Officially a Home Owner !
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Advice needed please!

Accounts in dispute are not supposed to be included in the calculation of the FICO score.  So your LO is correct in saying that even with the dispute notation, your score should increase.

However, the underwriter might not like seeing the "account in dispute" notation, even if your score is higher.  Others have reported that having that on their credit reports can hold up their mortgage approval.

Who did you contact to request deletion of the account?  The collection agency or the credit bureaus?

SW doesn't send alerts for the removal of derogatory information.  But if you set your notification parameters correctly, then it should have alerted you for the score increase.

Message 2 of 5
beehive
Regular Contributor

Thank you for responding Smiley Happy

The CA who is reporting gave us a letter for deletion, our LO did a rapid rescore.

Does MyFico score watch for both EQ and TU ?

The account is deleted, but when would I have received an alert? The account was deleted yesterday.

Thanks in advance for the helpful info!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@beehive wrote:

Thank you for responding Smiley Happy

The CA who is reporting gave us a letter for deletion, our LO did a rapid rescore.

Does MyFico score watch for both EQ and TU ?

The account is deleted, but when would I have received an alert? The account was deleted yesterday.

Thanks in advance for the helpful info!

I don't understand, when my accounts were deleted everything was gone.  there was no residuals that the account ever existed.  That is the reason for my confusion.

Message 4 of 5
beehive
Regular Contributor

You're right Sugasears, a deleted account is a deleted account : )

But the remarks of   'account is in dispute'  was never removed  BEFORE the account was deleted. TrueCredit will compare  Credit Reports everyday from the previous day...also I never requested a deletion of the remark prior to the rapid rescore.

I just thought that in order to get points from getting that deletion I had to remove the  'dispute remark" (but I was wrong)

I did get the points : )

I can FINALLY say..my file is NOW at underwriters.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.