Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on a FHA Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice on a FHA Loan

Would I qualify for a FHA Loan? My FICO mid score is 622. On my credit report Car charge off Feb 2002 CC Charge off March 2002 Collection Account 2002 Collection Account 2004 (Medical) Collection Account 2004 (Medical) 3 Current Credit cards all 100% on time no late pays Car loan paid off in 2004, on time no late pays. Some websites I read they only back 3 years.....is that true? Thank you
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice on a FHA Loan

Sorry forgot to say I have been in my job for 6 years, making $59,000 a year.
Message 2 of 7
nicemann
Established Contributor

Umm...not sure about the three year thing.  If so that would be great me for too.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you get your score to go up like that?
Message 4 of 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Jimmie, do you have the ability to get your uti down on those CCs? Three at 100% uti is killing your scores. I think that you could expect a nice increase 60-100 points if you could get to 1-9% uti.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
demi
Established Contributor

I was just approved, 3 years and a couple of months out of 2 collections (paid), plus several lates, but none in past 3 years and 4 months (started debt management in December 2004, 5 months left). Score a little higher 670-680s, but my understanding is that doesn't count much. I had one collection that as I paid, under agreement, shows 90+ days late every month up until Nov when it was paid off, only on Experian, which I am still fighting...They ran all 3 credit reports, but the loan only speaks to Equifax.

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 7
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

JimmieH wrote:
Would I qualify for a FHA Loan? My FICO mid score is 622. On my credit report Car charge off Feb 2002 CC Charge off March 2002 Collection Account 2002 Collection Account 2004 (Medical) Collection Account 2004 (Medical) 3 Current Credit cards all 100% on time no late pays Car loan paid off in 2004, on time no late pays. Some websites I read they only back 3 years.....is that true? Thank you

FHA really only looks back 12 months for minor derogatory items such as collections & charge-offs... major derogatory items like bankruptcy, foreclosures, tax liens & judgments are looked at further back and with closer scrutiny.  From what you've written out it doesn't appear your negative credit history would hold you back from qualifying for FHA.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.