Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After closing question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

After closing question

I finally closed on my house on June 26th!  Before we closed, the seller signed a repair addendum to have all of the window trim on the outside replaced because the wood was rotting and it was in bad shape.  If they couldn't get it done by closing, they were going to give me the money so I could fix it after I moved in.  They didn't get it done and at closing they gave me the estimate they had done so I could call the guy myself and have it done.  Now I cannot get a hold of the repair guy the chose and I was wondering what I can do about it?  The check for the repairs is being held by the title company until they are done but what happens if I have to choose another repair company and the price is much more than what their estimate was?  Is the seller obligated to pay for the repairs totally? 
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
TheZealous
Valued Member

Re: After closing question

Get in touch with the seller and address the situation. Ask them what are they going to do? It is a deal between you and him.

Starting Score: 489
Current Score: 710
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does your agreement say anything about who's responsible if the costs exceed the amount set aside?
Message 3 of 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

My place needed a wiring upgrade & the roof scraped & repainted.  I found the contractors & the checks for those two were held by (I believe) my agent.

YOU should have been the one to choose who does the work.  Otherwise, the seller has his uncle's best friends buddy's brother in law do it.  No he's not licensed, but he's been doing it 3 years when he can use his neighbor's tools.

Talk to your agent (that's why you pay them) & tell them they need to get this nonsense straightened out.  I would NOT go woith a contractor of the seller's choice.  He's gonna go on the cheap.

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 07-10-2009 10:08 PM
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.