cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After short sale 2nd mortgage paid in full should I?

tag
joeJoe844

After short sale 2nd mortgage paid in full should I?

My short sale is complete. My 2nd mortgage was paid in full ($17,000) should I send documents to all the cra's they never reported it (It's not on my report)Loan from family member we made it a 2nd. I want to increase my score. Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: After short sale 2nd mortgage paid in full should I?

No. It won't help your score at all for a couple of reasons. A one time report of an installment loan isn't going to work in your favor even if it reflects paid in full. It costs for the family member to report the debt and the payment.

When did you finish your short sale?

If you are looking to increase your score - then work on the revolving credit. The quickest way to increase your score is by dropping your utilization of your revolving lines.

The installment and mortgage portions of the score are a very small percentage of the score.

Message 2 of 8
joeJoe844

Thank you. Scores are tu 638 ex682 eq 608.  short sale was april. I have bankruptcy dismissed 2010. And 6 public records. $2000. Credit builder loan 3 payments in and 1st primire card (6 months)  I just got auto loan for $12,000. At 8.9 percent. I guess it's time to garden.

Message 3 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@joeJoe844 wrote:

Thank you. Scores are tu 638 ex682 eq 608.  short sale was april. I have bankruptcy dismissed 2010. And 6 public records. $2000. Credit builder loan 3 payments in and 1st primire card (6 months)  I just got auto loan for $12,000. At 8.9 percent. I guess it's time to garden.

Looking at what you just posted you only have one revolving account - that is part of what is holding your score down.

The other items that are holding down your scores:  1) 6 public records 2) recent short sale and 3) dismissed BK.

Clear the public records. Get one or two more cards when you are ready (maybe oct of this year). Once you get rid of the public records (assuming one is the Bk and the others are judgments) then you will see your score increase.

Are the other public records judegments? Look up your own public records. Judgments last for 20 years in some states and 10 years plus 10 year renewal in other states. Best to take care of those now while you can so all the negative items are within a given time period.

Message 4 of 8
joeJoe844

Public records are paid tax liens and BK 3 years left for bk. Although tu removed it after gw letter. 

I cant qualify for cc yet on any pa sites

Message 5 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Can't you get rid of the tax liens since they are paid? I think so. These are for the IRS right?  Here is the form to do get rid of it http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f12277.pdf

Message 6 of 8
joeJoe844

State tax liens. Thanks anyhow

Mass

Message 7 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Since it is paid, have you tried to GW the removal of the lien?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.