cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allied Home Mortgage NO LONGER IN BUSINESS, now what!?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Allied Home Mortgage NO LONGER IN BUSINESS, now what!?!

So my wife and I held a conditional approval from Allied Home Mortgage on an FHA backed loan.  The house we're buying is currently under construction and is scheduled to be complete and a C-of-O issued within 3 weeks.  We had submitted all documentation listed in the conditions other than the final inspection and C-of-O to our loan handler.  Now that Allied is no longer in business will we have to start completely over from scratch?  Will another lender assume the commitment issued to us or do you think we'll have to reapply with another lender and submit everything in it's entirity?  We've already had an appraisal done, income has been verified, bank statements, etc submitted...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Allied Home Mortgage NO LONGER IN BUSINESS, now what!?!

My fiancee and I are now in a similar situation as yourself. We are literally in limbo. What are we suppose to do? No one seems to know and the originator has disappeared on us! We had closing set up and ready to go in less than 3 days and all of a sudden I see the news. Any professional opinion would be appreciated!!!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our mortgage broker is hoping to find us a new lender.  He was actually an employee of Allied and is basically unemployed at this point until he can find another company to work with.  So, the good news for us is that since he's found a new lender to work with they (both him and the new lender) are hoping to use our loan as an example of a how a cleanly documented, smooth and fast closing loan can go between the two parties...  I'm sure there may be some growing pains but this is the only good thing that I can come up with that has come out of this debacle.

Our house is still under construction and is slated for completion (Certificate of Occupancy received) next week.  We are praying that we can close by Black Friday to get great pricing on appliances and use the funds from our savings account but aren't sure if that's even possible at this point.  We don't want to have to touch our savings account to buy the appliances until after we close just so that our bank statement remains the same as it has been thru the loan process.  I'm thinking we may have to float the cost of the appliances, so that we can make the purchases on Black Friday, using a credit card that won't post a new statement (and therefore the higher balance won't report) until the middle of December, which of course we would hope to be closed by then.

Sorry for the long winded reply but it helps me get the frustrations off my chest.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have spent the entire morning speaking with my State agencies regarding the Allied Implosion and our closing options. It's just been awful and I hope to hear back from the Securities dept. today.  We are sellers who closed last Thursday but the loan still has not been funded. Our buyer isn't even on the list of loans in the pipeline.  So here we sit, our buyer is occupying our home, which is uninsured really who knows actually owns this home at this point as Arkansas doesnt even allow dry closings. *sigh* Hang in there everyone, and if I were a buyer, I would transfer my loan. Its not as hard as you think and looks like it would save you a lot of heartache. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.