Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost $10K Closing Costs - USDA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Almost $10K Closing Costs - USDA

@Anonymous wrote:

My closing cost was a negative $185.  I got money back plus an additional $620 for using a particular Realtor.    Also, when purchasing a condo you have to factor in the monthly HOA fees.  

This is a single family home, but HOA fees are in the costs mentioned. What type of loan did you use?

@cem13 wrote:

Agreed.

The loan origination fee is off the hook.  The UW fees are high too but not out of line.

Why you no like FHA?

Is the origination fee high for USDA? I didn't go with FHA because my payment would be higher, and I needed a $7000 down payment for a higher payment.

@StartingOver10 wrote:

Origination fee is high and rate is slightly high too. Agree with the others you probably want to shop your lender and/or loan type.

I know the rate is high. I'm giving them a chance to offer me a lower rate and lock it before I make a complaint about that. I'll shop other lenders, but I'll loose almost $5k in incentives. Thanks for all of the answers and replies!

I'll keep everyone posted on how it looks!

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My closing cost was a negative $185.  I got money back plus an additional $620 for using a particular Realtor.    Also, when purchasing a condo you have to factor in the monthly HOA fees.  

This is a single family home, but HOA fees are in the costs mentioned. What type of loan did you use?

i got a 30 year Conventional Loan
Message 12 of 14
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

If you are getting $5k in incentives, then that is why your rate and your closing costs seem a little bit high. They get the funds for the incentives (even if this is a new build) by bumping up the rate.

You can refinance down the road if it makes sense for you to do so.  Don't stress over 1/4 point when you are getting $5k in incentives.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@StartingOver10 wrote:

If you are getting $5k in incentives, then that is why your rate and your closing costs seem a little bit high. They get the funds for the incentives (even if this is a new build) by bumping up the rate.

You can refinance down the road if it makes sense for you to do so.  Don't stress over 1/4 point when you are getting $5k in incentives.

THanks for the insight. I'm still going to ask for a better rate, and lower closing. Never know until you ask, right?

I'll keep everyone posted. My closing date is scheduled for April 15th, with a possible extension to April 30th (In contract - We have a lot of changes to base floorplan, they don't know exact time tables).

Thanks again!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.