cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost done with conditions/advice for newbies...

tag
nvme
Established Member

Almost done with conditions/advice for newbies...

After receiving 14 conditions and having a bad day yesterday, I'm down to 3. Its mostly the seller we're waiting on now. It's weird, at first I was so excited to buy, and now I'm kind of over it. You really have to detach yourself from the house and deal with the process for what it is. Woman Mad Hard I know. I sent the UW screenshots of my latest account balances. since my statements are generated quarterly, the UW still wanted all pages so I sent her my last years. 2010, 2011 full returns, more letters, more docs. My only advice to new buyers going into this process is to document everything! I think it's better to email in lieu of calling as you get faster responses this way too.  Also, please read everything. I'm buying with my fiancé and theres two applications 60 pages each. Its very tempting to sign your life away to get the conditions over with but I found four minor errors that I made them change. I also sent pages of the application that I didn't understand to my lawyer. I pay her to work. Ask questions. Make copies. I know you want to close fast, but wait a little and really know what you're getting yourself into. If the house is meant to be it will be yours! Good luck! 

NvMe
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Almost done with conditions/advice for newbies...

Excellent advice nvme! Thanks for sharing. Wishing you the best of luck on your new home! :-)
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 4
nvme
Established Member

Thanks Moving Forward. Everyone says its worth it!

NvMe
Message 3 of 4
MrChairman
Established Contributor

NVME, that is very good advice. I am where your at right now. It was fun picking out options and imaging your furniture in the house. I don't think about it much and just go on with my daily life at this point. I also agree that it is a very good idea to e-mail for a faster response and for a paper trail. Sales reps and LO's have a bad reputation of saying one thing and forgetting the next day. Every time this happens I just open up my folder in my e-mail label mortgage and find the corresponding e-mail. Needless to say they don't try the "oh i forgot or i didnt say that" game with me anymore.

Starting Score:TransUnion: 698 (12 FEB 2010), Equifax: 674 (12 FEB 2010)
Current Score (Lender Pulled):TransUnion: 684 (12 SEP 2016), Equifax: 696 (12 SEP 2016), Experian: 679 (12 SEP 2016)
Goal Score:All scores All scores at least 700+ by December 2017!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.