Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost there..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Almost there..

@creditisbetter2 wrote:

Wow that's awesome.  I wish I had that much power over my situation.  Maybe I should call my agent later this week and see if she can get the information to me.  At this point I just want everything to be over with.  We have 25 more days before close and I just want this to go as smoothly as possible.  How soon do you close?

I am not sure what you mean when you say you wish you had that much power over your situation. It is your decision how much control you take. I follow up with everyone every day. Most of them say they appreciate how involved I am and have said they hate it when people just apply and then disappear until closing. I've caught a lot of things that have saved us time.

We are supposed to close on 10/14 or 10/15. I have told the mortgage company and my realtor that if we do not close on time that I will go postal.

Message 11 of 30
creditisbetter2
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditisbetter2 wrote:

Wow that's awesome.  I wish I had that much power over my situation.  Maybe I should call my agent later this week and see if she can get the information to me.  At this point I just want everything to be over with.  We have 25 more days before close and I just want this to go as smoothly as possible.  How soon do you close?

I am not sure what you mean when you say you wish you had that much power over your situation. It is your decision how much control you take. I follow up with everyone every day. Most of them say they appreciate how involved I am and have said they hate it when people just apply and then disappear until closing. I've caught a lot of things that have saved us time.

We are supposed to close on 10/14 or 10/15. I have told the mortgage company and my realtor that if we do not close on time that I will go postal.

Well it seems like throughout this process, the lenders were real evasive and they would not speak with me, they would only speak with my husband and I had to tell him to tell them to speak to me since we are both on this loan.  So when I call or email someone, they will get back to me but it's a slow process for them getting back to me.  I could go there with all of them but i'd prefer not to have to.

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think so often people are just so thrilled to be getting a loan that they just let the lender do whatever they want. I am thrilled to be getting a mortgage, but I am not going to be treated like crap. At the end ofthe day, I am their customer and they have to make me happy so I go to closing and they get their interest payments.

Message 13 of 30
creditisbetter2
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think so often people are just so thrilled to be getting a loan that they just let the lender do whatever they want. I am thrilled to be getting a mortgage, but I am not going to be treated like crap. At the end ofthe day, I am their customer and they have to make me happy so I go to closing and they get their interest payments.

Good point.  I def could be more assertive and I can assume my excitement and fear of the bottom falling out is making me be more apprehensive.  I did shoot an email to the lender in between our correspondence to get more information about the appraiser so I'll see soon about that.  Good luck again.  Can't wait to see your report about everything closing and your family being able to finally relax.

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok.. so it has been 5 days since I have posted and.......... I don't have much to tell. Our appraiser did, infact, show up and she did the appraisal on 10/4 or 10/5.. don't remember now. She promised my mortgage company that she would have it turned in FIRST THING on 10/10.. and well, she didn't turn it in. She is a very rude lady and kept saying how she is just SO busy and wont have time to finish it. Guess what.. if you don't have time to finish it then DON'T ACCEPT IT. Ugh. Well, anyway.. I am having to ride my LO's butt to get her to call the appraiser and find out where the heck our appraisal is. We're supposed to close this Saturday 10/15 per our purchase agreement. This appraisal has ruined our timeline (which we were booking right on down). That seems to be a common thing in this area.. seeing as how our appraiser (different one) ruined our last deal by appraising the house for $11,000 less than it was appraised for a month earlier. Obviously the seller didn't want to adjust and I didn't want to pay more for the place so it fell apart... now they're causing us to close late. How are you supposed to schedule utilities, etc to be switched over when crud like this holds everything up?

My wife is considering becoming a realtor and myself an appraiser so we can make this process not such a living he** for people. This should be the most exciting time of your life... the American dream, right? I feel like I am going to throw up everywhere.

Message 15 of 30
mamahearts
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok.. so it has been 5 days since I have posted and.......... I don't have much to tell. Our appraiser did, infact, show up and she did the appraisal on 10/4 or 10/5.. don't remember now. She promised my mortgage company that she would have it turned in FIRST THING on 10/10.. and well, she didn't turn it in. She is a very rude lady and kept saying how she is just SO busy and wont have time to finish it. Guess what.. if you don't have time to finish it then DON'T ACCEPT IT. Ugh. Well, anyway.. I am having to ride my LO's butt to get her to call the appraiser and find out where the heck our appraisal is. We're supposed to close this Saturday 10/15 per our purchase agreement. This appraisal has ruined our timeline (which we were booking right on down). That seems to be a common thing in this area.. seeing as how our appraiser (different one) ruined our last deal by appraising the house for $11,000 less than it was appraised for a month earlier. Obviously the seller didn't want to adjust and I didn't want to pay more for the place so it fell apart... now they're causing us to close late. How are you supposed to schedule utilities, etc to be switched over when crud like this holds everything up?

My wife is considering becoming a realtor and myself an appraiser so we can make this process not such a living he** for people. This should be the most exciting time of your life... the American dream, right? I feel like I am going to throw up everywhere.

Why is she so difficult?  I realize that with rates so low people are refinancing and new loans are going but it seems like she just doesn't want to work.   I guess they don't have to be very personable when they're getting paid regardless.  But I hope all goes well for you through closing!  Hang in there.

myFICO starting TU 683 8/26/11
myFICO starting EQ 645 8/26/11
myFICO EQ 652 9/26
Message 16 of 30
creditisbetter2
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am so sorry you are having to go through this.  My experience is also souring my opinion of this so called american dream.  It seems more like an american nightmare.  Is there any way that you can request a different appraiser?  I know at this point it would further push back your closing date.  I think it's a great idea for you and your wife to start your own business.  I believe the best businesses come from people who have been burned by the system.  They strive not to do what others have done to them.  Go for it.

Message 17 of 30
welshdan
New Contributor

Sorry to hear of the problems (seems like the appraiser is a)taking on too much work or b)lazy)

Anyway we were 2 days from closing, everything was pretty much perfect and then the selling bank (foreclosure) let us know they haven't finished foreclosure proceedings on the house.

10/5/11 was our close date, now it has been pushed back to no later than 11/4/11. My realtor is calling every day to get updates so we can have some sort of timeline. Hang in there it will all be worth it!

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

welshdan... Sorry to hear about that burden. I hear that is a commonplace for foreclosures. The first house we fell in love with while looking was a foreclosure. It was priced nearly $40,000 under what the county had it appraised at so it seemed like a wise investment but the thought of dealing with a foreclosure scared us. It is bad enough dealing with OUR bank.. why would we want to deal with TWO banks kind of thing.

Well the appraisal was due first thing yesterday morning and apparently they didn't get it until the end of the day. The house appraised for the exact sale price. Is that common? It seems to be common for my area.. to just appraise things for what the contract price is. It is nice because it gets the deal done, but annoying because if the house is actually worth more, the buyer wont know.

There were two contingencies (since we're doing FHA) a) address an issue with the water heater. b) scrape, prime and paint all facia and remove paint chips. The seller immediately corrected the water heater issue, but said they could not or would not do the painting.. which is understandable because they got $5,000 is concessions. We got an estimate of $440 to scrape, prime and paint the facias of the entire house (which is 2 stories with peaks.) and I am told by people in the office that do handy man work that their estimate would've been 2 to 3x that. Now our bank is being a turd about it.. they originally said that if it came back under $5,000 we could roll it into the mortgage and do it when the weather was nicer. Now they're telling me that it seems like it would be easy to fix myself and that I need to do it before we can close.

I am arguing that it is out of my comfort zone to be up there doing that and that I want to pay someone to do it but that the weather does not permit it. This all just seems to be a circus. Our purchase agreement says close on or before 10/15 and I'll be darned if we don't.

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

We were scheduled to close on 10/14. As I mentioned in the previous post we were required to paint the fasica's. On Wednesday my family all came and we paited it. Thursday the appraiser came and did a reinspection. My mortgage company delayed closing 1 week to this Friday 10/21 to allow for everything to come in. When we were painting the termite guy showed up to inspect. The house and garage had no termites... woohoo. However he found some random board by a bush that had two termites on it.. so now the property has to be sprayed. Luckily our purchase contract said that if that were the case the seller had to pay for it.. so they are.. but that wont be done until this Wednesday. The file was sent to underwriting today for the third time, my LO said she just needed to get the final approval which will be conditional on my down payment and closing costs being gifted by my mom at closing since they will not accept the money in my savings account. They said they cannot document where it came from so now my mom is gifting me the money and I am turning around and writing her a check. Ahh the BS we do to buy a house... Why anyone would go through all of this and allow their house to go into foreclosure is beyond me. I NEVER want to do this again!

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.