Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alot of you are so blessed right now.

tag
jadeite788
Established Contributor

Alot of you are so blessed right now.

I have to start back from scratch, hit with a lot stuff due to a major car accident which I was not at fault.  Have not received any compensation from either insurance company, nor heard from my attorney.  I have not even received my earnest money back from the house that we backed out of.  Just barely keeping my head above water.  Life bites

Starting Score: 565
Current Experian Score: 634 (Lender pull)
Current Equifax Score: previous 668, 680 as of 11/12/13 lender pull
Current Transunion Score: previous 675,677 as of 09/23/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

Re: A lot of you are so blessed right now.

Well I hope the best for you and that something positive will come out of your situation.

I know at points in my life where I felt like nothing was going my way and just wanted to give up, that I would step back and look and realize how many other people in this world would trade places with me in a second. I work in the fire service so almost every shift I see how bad some people really have it. " some by choice and others not by choice". It is at these times I feel grateful for what I have.

Keep your head up.

Message 2 of 10
Blackhawks_girl30
Contributor

Re: Alot of you are so blessed right now.

I'm so sorry!! You have been thru Alot! I hope it gets better and everything works out in end Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 10
Lac2509
Valued Member

Keep your head up...  I know it is difficult, but don't give up!  Something great will come out of it, I promise!!!  The only thing that we have in life at the end of the day is our attitude and what we do when we are thrown down.  Well, the only thing you can do is get up, wipe the dirt off, and keep smilin!!!!

Starting Score: 600
Current Score: FICO TU688
Goal Score: 740

Message 4 of 10
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Jade...all the best to you.  THings will get better and eventually we'll see your thread when you close on a house. 

Message 5 of 10
jadeite788
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone.  it bites because I had to pay off the car that was wrecked and I had to get a new car, which I didn't want to do but had to.  All my reserves are gone handling bills.  Well one good thing out of the new car, I got a decent apr rate.  I know putting things on credit would put my DTI up

Message 6 of 10
GPMDRL
New Contributor

I see where you're coming from and my advice is this,.....turn on the news and look at what happened to all the families in OK from the tornado. Lives and everything they have destroyed in seconds. I've been where you are, keep your head up, it can ALWAYS be worse. I now understand health and family are most important, money issues will work themeselves out. Good luck to you and don't give up!
Message 7 of 10
p-
Valued Contributor

@jadeite788 wrote:

I have to start back from scratch, hit with a lot stuff due to a major car accident which I was not at fault.  Have not received any compensation from either insurance company, nor heard from my attorney.  I have not even received my earnest money back from the house that we backed out of.  Just barely keeping my head above water.  Life bites

Wow, that does bite.  What insurance company do you have?  

Message 8 of 10
jadeite788
Established Contributor

Safe Auto Insurance, don't deal with them, they will investigate you before they will investigate the other party just to avoid paying out.  And the party at-fault their insurance is Old American County Mutual.  That insurance company is already under investigation by the Texas Department of Insurance due to them not filing claims properly. 

Message 9 of 10
p-
Valued Contributor

@jadeite788 wrote:

Safe Auto Insurance, don't deal with them, they will investigate you before they will investigate the other party just to avoid paying out.  And the party at-fault their insurance is Old American County Mutual.  That insurance company is already under investigation by the Texas Department of Insurance due to them not filing claims properly. 

Wow, that sucks.  You should fire those guys once it's over.  If they are screwing with you, contact your state insurance regulators and file a complaint.  That should light a fire under their tails.

If you qualify, I highly recommend USAA.  I'm in the middle of our third not-at-fault claim and it couldn't be smoother.  They take care of us, and sort out any details later.  I know for some people it's more expensive, but ours ended up cheaper than the lizard, and the service is top notch.

Sorry if I sould like a spam bot...  I'm not, I swear! 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.