Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I just high maintenance?

tag
Bratbaby
Contributor

Am I just high maintenance?

I'm getting a little frustrated with my agent and LO. Neither one seems to return calls in a timely manner. I didn't receive a reply to an email I sent to my agent until I finally sent another saying only "No response?" Then I left a message for my LO on Monday at about 11 am about some questions I have about the loan I'm working on, and still haven't heard anything. I know he was in the office; I figured he would check messages and get back to me, but no dice. Maybe my expectations are unrealistic, but in an industry where it seems like companies are falling over themselves to get your business, a prompt reply isn't too much to ask. Please let me know--should I just relax, or find a new agent and LO? For what it's worth, they both seem personable and knowledgeable when I do manage to speak to them.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Am I just high maintenance?

I would consider a timely return of my call to be 48 hours, its always good to remember they are not only dealing with you.

Message 2 of 8
BaileyMae
New Contributor

I personally have 24 hour response time limit. I'm in the very early stages and every lender I've talked to and my agent respond in less than 24 hours. There's one agent who would take 2-3 days to respond. Long story short, I'm no longer interested in working with her.

Maybe I'm high maintenance too Smiley Happy
Lender Pulled Scores(2/2014)

EQ: 750 (same a myFICO) EX: 707 TU: 728
Message 3 of 8
Cortazar81

I must be high maintenance too! Smiley Happy    Our agent always responded within hours even he did not have an answer, it was a response that he was checking into the situation.  Our mortgage company was usually within 24 hours.  We had a specific LO working with us and we also received a weekly update on our file on Friday even if it was to say, the paperwork was still in UW.  

I would say that 24 hours should be enough time to at least comment back that they are waiting on an answer but nothing over 48 hours.  

Message 4 of 8
Frustrated

We are dealing with that same issue with our LO.  My last correspondence with her was 1/23 telling me they were ordering the appraisal.  I have asked for an update by voicemail and emails a few times since then with NO RESPONSE!! Today we called again and she isn't in the office.  We close 2/26 and we have no idea where our loan is at.  So I don't think you are high maintenance for wanting a quick 2 minute update to what's going on.  I think that sometimes they forget they are working for our business. 

Message 5 of 8
Bratbaby
Contributor

Well, here we are at 48 hours and no response from the LO. I sent an email of a listing I found with specific questions to the agent on Sunday night, and radio silence there as well. I realize I'm probably pretty small taters to these people in the grand scheme, but it's a very big deal to me and this is just so aggravating. Maybe time to cast a bigger net.

Thanks so much for your replies!
Message 6 of 8
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

See if the loan officer's manager can get you some answers.  You should be getting responses within 24 hours, and if you are under contract then you should be getting them within a few hours.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 7 of 8
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

One critical component of any business relationship is establising expectations. Did you establish communications expectations with your Realtor and loan officer? If not, then revisit it before moving forward with those relationships as it will only get worse. Unless one sets an expapectation such as "Your call will be returned within x hours", don't be disappointed when responses/response time are not consistent. I personally committ a 1 hour response to a voice message and a 3 hour response to an email. Find professionals who will commit to meet your expectations ... and keep them reasonable.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.