Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I ready for preapproval yet?

tag
ramrod
Established Member

Am I ready for preapproval yet?

Hello, I have been working hard to improve my credit so I can qualify for a mortgage. I have had so much success with my credit rebuilding with the tips and advice from the good people on this forum. Currently, my experian-649, TU-660, and Equifax-615 after starting Exp-525, TU-544, and Eq-560. I still have 2 baddies with Cavalry Port. I'm ready to check and see if I can get pre-approve for a FHA loan. I have a good employment history and I have never owned a home. My question is should I wait to try to improve my score  or should I wait to try to clear up my credit before I try for pre-approval? I'm in Michigan and my bank I informed me I need a 620 middle score to apply. Please advise. Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Am I ready for preapproval yet?

Assuming you have w-2 type employment, go ahead and apply. Your scores seem to be fine from your post Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
topa
Regular Contributor

What are the baddies?

Starting Score: 600 (Jan 2014)
Current MyFICO Scores: EQ: 712 | TU: 706 | EX: 702
Current Bureau Scores: EQ Beacon 5.0: 682 | TU FICO Classic 04: 740 | EX FICO V2: 706
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
TurboFX
New Contributor

Your credit is good with FHA. Minmum fico is 620, some might want 640, a few are starting to go as low as 600. If income, down payment, assets are not a problem then your scores won't hinder you. Unless you have outstanding judgements/collections.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.