Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I strange?

tag
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

Re: Am I strange?

Thank you everyone for your advice; I will do what I can between now and the time that we're ready to buy...which means cleaning up reports, no inquiries unless absolutely necessary (which is easy for me to do...not so much for my fiance!  Smiley Happy) and getting our credit cards under 10%, etc., etc...

Will go to my bank's web site (NFCU) to see if they offer a home buying seminar and attend it; I know that the rules and regulations and other things will probably change between now and the time we're ready to buy, but at least I'll have a gist of what to expect.

@pfarro1 - thanks for the info about Home Depot and Lowe's; I never knew that, and I'll definitely check that out!

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 11 of 14
Lemmus
Established Contributor

...even if you don't wind up posting the info here, do yourself a big favor and read the "Do I Qualify" thread sticky at the top of the mortgage forum ...walk through it step-by-step digging out the info and writing it down all in one place ...it will give you a very good picture of exactly what your mortgage situation really is ...and will easily identify the areas you need to work on ...even if you intend to wait 3 yrs, starting now to get all the bugs worked out will help your confidence immensely when the time does come ...hth

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 12 of 14
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@Lemmus wrote:

...even if you don't wind up posting the info here, do yourself a big favor and read the "Do I Qualify" thread sticky at the top of the mortgage forum ...walk through it step-by-step digging out the info and writing it down all in one place ...it will give you a very good picture of exactly what your mortgage situation really is ...and will easily identify the areas you need to work on ...even if you intend to wait 3 yrs, starting now to get all the bugs worked out will help your confidence immensely when the time does come ...hth

Thanks, Lemmus!  I actually already did that!  Smiley Happy  Printed it out and put it in my "future mortgage" folder to read during down time at work... 

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 13 of 14
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Look at it this way, OP....

You are at least 3 years away from buying a home, yet you've already started researching and seeking answers to your questions.  As long as you continue this path, I have a feelin g you will be just fine and well educated on your specific situation by the time you are ready to start the mortgage process.

I applaud you and your fiance's determination to get things right way before you start!!!  Good job!!!!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.