Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I thinking about this the right way?

tag
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Am I thinking about this the right way?

With that huge cluster**** currently going on in DC, I'm thinking I should hold off on signing a contract for a new construction home.

Although we are going conventional and neither of us work in the government, I am concerned about how all of this will impact the markets.

I'm more concerned about the debt limit deadline and its impact on the financial markets.

Do you guys think it's wise to wait until there's at least a shred of stability? I do not want to put down a large deposit only to be stuck in limbo for who knows how long.

All thoughts and opinions are appreciated.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Lemontwist4
Frequent Contributor

Re: Am I thinking about this the right way?

You know I was thinking, if all these government employees have a big gap in employment some not having a job at all anymore this may start another huge hit to the housing market. If I was in the position where I could wait I would wait. I think you are thinking about it the right way after all it is you who has to live with the choice you make and doing it at a time that feels right to you is the right way to go!

Sent to USDA on August 14th 2013 Approved September 5th CLOSED September 9th!!!!!
Message 2 of 4
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I would not wait.

Message 3 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

rates have already digested the shutdown data.

the only issue is irs tax transcripts and verifying ss numbers

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.