Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Gold & DTI ratios

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx Gold & DTI ratios

I have a Gold AmEx with a Sign & Travel Balance.  S&T balance is $8300 with $167 minimum payment.

I typically charge $400 monthly and pay that off in full + minimum payment for S&T (+additional - working to pay it off).

If I tried to get a mortgage, what factors into my DTI?  The $167 minimum payment or the $567 (what I spent the month before + S&T minimum payment)??   Just trying to determine if I should stop putting anything on AmEx (which I like because I'm forced to PIF each month) so it shows the only payment due is $167.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AmEx Gold & DTI ratios

What do you see on your credit report?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit report shows the full balance of $8753 (revolving balance +400) but doesn't show a minimum monthly payment.  When I called AmEx, they said they don't report a minimum but I know that at least the revolving balance has to be accounted for in applying for a mortgage. 
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not an expert but if you are going to apply for a loan they will ask for some bank statement. They need to get somehow an average that can be used to calculate your DTI.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.