Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Residential Law Group Loan Modification with BOA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Residential Law Group Loan Modification with BOA

I have been dealing with American Residential for the last 4 months.  The customer service was fantastic BEFORE they took my money, but has gone downhill since.  I am still hoping that they deliver, but at this point I am not very optimistic.  I wish everyone the best of luck, and if anyone else can share their experience with this company I would greatly appreciate it.  Good luck everyone.

Message 31 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

BEWARE OF AMERICAN RESIDENTIAL LAW GROUP-- I first spoke with [name edited] who told me they could keep my home from going into foreclosure. He guaranteed that they would be able to get my loan modified and the payments that I missed would be rolled into the mortgage. This was back in Aug. it is now Jan. and My house is going to be foreclosed on Feb. 1st. I keep calling American Residential Law group but cannot get anyone on the phone or return my emails. I paid them $2,050. [names edited] 

[Edited; posting of full names is not permitted on the FICO Forums]

Message 32 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing happend to me, the service was great BEFORE they took my $2,300.00 then went downhill and end result I lost my house.  I did however file a complaint with the Florida State Bar Association and there is an investigaton pending.  I highly suggest that anybody else who has been taken by this outfit do the same.  The more complaints to the state bar, the more investigations into this company there will be. 

Message 33 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would love to hear from you.  I can be reached at [Edited].  I have a complaint to the Florida State Bar Association about the very same issue that you are having.

Please don't post personal information in the public forums. You are more than welcome to exchange that data via PM's.

-marinevietvet, myFICO moderator

Message 34 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I retained American Residential Law Group in August.  It is now Jan.and I have no results from BOA.  On Jan. 3rd, ARLG sent a letter that they are no longer permitted to service loan modifications in Virginia.  It seems the Federal Trade Commission has put a stop to their out of state practice.  

Message 35 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

y Re: American Residential Law Group Loan Modification with BOA

Did they offer you a refund since they are not able to make good on the service that you paid for, or did they just keep your money?  I noticed recently that at least one of the attorneys from that lawfirm has been cited for misconduct and has had his license revoked.  I saw that on the AVVO website.

Message 36 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: y Re: American Residential Law Group Loan Modification with BOA

I have been dealing with ARLG since March 2009. It cost me $1550 total. They did contact my mortgage company and before all hel... broke lose down there, ( which they had been doing all along according to my mortgage company) my rep from ARLG told me to expect a modification in the mail from GMAC. I then recieved an email from TrustLink stating that ARLG was no more and had taken everyones money and shut down the phones. I panicked and called GMAC and they had confirmed everything that my rep had told me-- the offer- the amount and the first payment date. Two days later I recieved an envelope in the mail from ARLG saying congrats you modification is on its way from your mortgage company. There was also a yellow letter in the envelope with another attorney's name and number. They stated that he and his firm would be handling ARLG clients at no charge to get the modifications closed. I called this number today and he was quick to tell me on the phone that ARLG was no longer allowed to handle it's clients and he would send me papers to sign via email by the end of the day - to pick up where they had left off.

Message 37 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in need of help.  I am not sure if you would be willing.  I hired ARLG to help me in a loan mod.  and of course they are not returning my calls and emails.  They have also changed their website and the attorney's name has been taken off the website.  Do you recall the name of the attorney?  If so would you mind sharing with me.  I have been having a terrible time so far with this company and I think it is time to file a complaint.  Any information you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Stephani

[Edited] 

Hi Stephani and welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately I had to remove your personal emali address. Information like that is not allowed in the public forum's in order to protect everyone's privacy and security. You are welcome to exchange such information via PM's (Personal Messages).

Thanks for you understanding and for joining our community.

-marinevietvet, myFICO moderator

Message 38 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI! The attorney who is handling ARLG clients is.... [name and phone number edited]

I spoke to Dominic and he sent me paper work- to fill out and return -- consent forms for him to contact my mortgage company.

Good Luck! Keep everyone up to date--- we'lll all in the same boat here!

[Edited to remove a personal name and telephone number, the posting of which is not permitted on the FICO Forums.  If desired, this information can be exchanged via the private messenger option.]

Message 39 of 55
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Folks, as can be seen by the abundance of blue ink above, we've had to remove a lot of personal information from this thread.  As has been mentioned multiple times, the posting of this information is not permitted on the FICO Forums.

We realize that many of you are newcomers and as such are not familiar with the rules of these Forums, even though you agreed to them as a condition of participating on these boards.  Please take the time to review the following links to avoid any further violations.

FICO® Forums Terms of Service

FICO® Forums User Guidelines

The relevant part of the Terms of Service reads:

"Users of FICO Forums agree not to upload, post, or otherwise transmit any content (including but not limited to text, links, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information) that includes any of the following inappropriate content:

Any personal information belonging either to the poster or another person, including, but not limited to, full name, address, phone number, email address, social media accounts (Facebook, Linkedin, etc.)"

If desired, you may share this information using the private message option.  Be aware that the FICO Forums is not responsible for the accuracy of the information exchanged in this manner or any consequences that might arise from the use of such information.

Message 40 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.