Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And So It Begins

tag
tammyjk
Regular Contributor

And So It Begins

I started thinking about getting a new home a year ago.  I put in an offer on a short sale that was a disaster; they raised the price at the last min over 22k.  Today my offer on another home was accepted!  I have a mortgage broker that I have been working with that has been pretty diligent in asking for docs just to get me a preapproval.  Although some people may find it a pain, I have actually found it reassuring that he wants everything upfront. 

The bank wants closing before Sept 10 and just reading that scared the heck out of me.  Lately I have just come to the boards to read the encouraging stories of those who were able to get a mortgage with bigger obstacles than I face. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Calito360

Re: And So It Begins

I'm in the same boat and I hope it all works out for you. Keep us posted.

Starting Score: (July 2012) EQ 556, TU 600, EX 600 (All Lender Pulled)
Current Score: Same
Goal Score: High 700s across the board by end of year

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

@tammyjk wrote:

I started thinking about getting a new home a year ago.  I put in an offer on a short sale that was a disaster; they raised the price at the last min over 22k.  Today my offer on another home was accepted!  I have a mortgage broker that I have been working with that has been pretty diligent in asking for docs just to get me a preapproval.  Although some people may find it a pain, I have actually found it reassuring that he wants everything upfront. 

The bank wants closing before Sept 10 and just reading that scared the heck out of me.  Lately I have just come to the boards to read the encouraging stories of those who were able to get a mortgage with bigger obstacles than I face. 

I competely understand where you are coming from.  It is a completely different mind setSmiley Surprised

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
tammyjk
Regular Contributor

Thanks, and it is a different mind set!  I keep saying "if we move" and my fiance keeps saying "when we move".  I am just so tired of watching my scores and not paying anything off for fear of my score dropping.  Whats really sad is that I could be totally debt free right now if I could just pay it without my scores dropping.  As it is, I only owe 400 on my car which has a 99 a month payment.  I'm hoping to close before I get it paid off. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.