Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And construction has begun! *FINISHED!!!*

tag
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Re: And construction has begun! Woohoo!

Whoa talk about progress today! I fully expected to stop by today and not see anything done since yesterday but all the digging is done from what I can tell, now it looks like they will be putting in the plumbing.

Message 31 of 217
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

@MovingForward_2012 wrote:
Wow Mike! I am so very excited for you!!!! I'd be dropping by everyday too! Right on!

I always wondered, if I knew the house I am sitting in right now would be THE ONE! I drove by the subdivision so many times but who knew my home was being built deep within that subdivision. I just bought an inventory home, just built late last year. Didn't get to see it get built. :-( Mike, you are fully living the American Dream...history is being made right now, savor it up! :-D

We finished getting everything out of that monster landlord's house yesterday. So now we only have one place to go...home sweet home!! You will need your deed to get your mailbox keys from the post office and also to change your address in the school system. It has been such a great feeling pulling out the deed instead of a utility bill and i got to leave the field requesting the landlord's name BLANK. It was then that I truly knew I was no longer at the mercy of a landlord! That had to have been one of the best feelings in the world!

The furniture was delivered last Friday, the security system was setup Saturday, Internet was hooked up this afternoon, we picked out our two TVs and home theater system last night (will be delivered next Thursday along with satellite TV service). I just finished assembling my son's new bed. I still have to put together his headboard, night chest, and five drawer chest (this chick is going to town with the power tools!). And my makeup vanity needs to be assembled. I have 4 credit cards now. I had to apply for a Best Buy card last night because the total was $3,036!!! :-| I didn't know it would cost that much. But you have to pay the install fee for each TV mounted on the wall. My bonus hasn't come yet...about 3 more weeks and I didn't want to go without TV for that long. Mike, you are going to be doing all of this fun stuff before you know it! :-)

Wow sounds like a lot going on...very cool to finally be done and enjoying it now, can't wait for that day, I'm going to be so stressed when it's time to go back to underwriting. Heck, I'm stressed now, I check my credit every day in the morning to make sure everything is still ok. 

That's quite the bil at Best Buy...what did you buy!

Message 32 of 217
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I know! It is quite a bill! I went in there with some rough quote of $1500 that I conjured up by going to their online website and adding items to the shopping cart. I didn't include the warranties in the shopping cart and those were $400 a piece. And the equipment costs for the wall mounts. Then the home theater system ended up costing $600 because the cheaper system required proprietary wire splicing which could make the system inoperable when the firmware is updated. $3,000, all for some TVs and a great sound system. LOL!

I was checking my credit everyday too while in underwriting. My score didn't change a point through the whole process...I hope the same goes for you. I made sure my utilization for the next month was at or below what it was the previous month. I beat it by 2%...score didn't move up or down.

You're going to make it through just fine. You are very aware of your credit score and being watchful along with knowing what to do in credit situations that arise, so I know you will play the game just right. :-)
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 33 of 217
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

So I've been stopping by the lot every day, sometimes twice per day Smiley Tongue, and taking a picture whenever there is a change, all from the same place in effort to put together a little time lapse video. This is what I have so far... Smiley Very Happy

http://youtu.be/vonUX6QvGjE

Message 34 of 217
Amythyst
Contributor

LOL!  That's so cool... I'm anxiously awaiting my permits to be approved before my construction starts. Smiley Very Happy

Message 35 of 217
justjunie928
New Contributor

Loved your home building montage!  How exciting..... Who would have ever thought the excitement a hole in the ground will bring.....

Message 36 of 217
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Foundation is ready to be poured! Smiley Very Happy 

Message 37 of 217
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

The fun is now starting
Message 38 of 217
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Yep yep! They have done a lot recently...seems to move in spurts, took them a while from when they had the original forms up to when they started digging...then they did a bunch of diggin and put the pipes down, then a few days off and now in the last week they went from a bunch of open trenches to being ready to pour the concrete.

I'm sure once they pour it will sit for a bit while it cures...hopefully they can do it early next week as it's supposed to rain next weekend. After the foundation is done, about 20 days later they will have walls up, outside drywall and the roof on, plus interior insulation...at least that's what I've noticed on other houses (they write the date in permanent marker on the foundation when they start and two houses I snooped around today both had 02/08/13 on them). Smiley Happy

Message 39 of 217
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

They poured the foundation today! All the framing is already on-site as well so that should should start going up on Monday I assume. Smiley Very Happy

Message 40 of 217
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.