Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And construction has begun! *FINISHED!!!*

tag
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Re: And construction has begun! Woohoo!

Got an email back from the sales agent saying we are scheduled to close between 05/31 to 06/09! Woohoo! I guess 30-45 days prior we will be getting a confirmed closing date so really any day now. We were originally told June 28th when we started building so great to see it'll be almost a month sooner. Smiley Very Happy

Message 81 of 217
foofighter74
Established Contributor

You might close around the same time we do.

Message 82 of 217
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

@foofighter74 wrote:

You might close around the same time we do.

I think you said you guys are June 5th? I just talked to the construction manager and he pinpointed our date a liite more...June 6th or 7th! Smiley Very Happy

They are doing the drywall texturing today and yesterday they finished the exterior stucco...it's moving so quick! By end of next week we should have doors and trim installed and interior and exterior paint!

Message 83 of 217
foofighter74
Established Contributor

that looks great!

yeah, we were given a date of June 5th...I'm guessing that is overly optimistic, but should be some time in June.  You'll probably close before we do. 

Message 84 of 217
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

We've got doors and baseboards in! Drywall texturing was also done last week Friday. Should be getting paint inside and out Wednesday or Thrusday this week, so far my spreadsheet with guesses of when things will be done is spot on for 3 out of 4 things, the 4th I was way off (attic insulation was done 2 weeks before I thought it would be done).

Front door, needs to be stained.

Pantry door.

Master bedroom double doors.

Message 85 of 217
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Looks really good, coming along fast man.

Message 86 of 217
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

When do you start the mortgage process over again.

Message 87 of 217
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Any day now. Today is actually exactly 45 days before the estimated closing date and we were told we would get contacted by a closing agent 30-45 days prior to closing with our confirmed closing date at which time we need to let the loan officer know and we'll start the UW process again.

Message 88 of 217
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Awesome.  Looks great! I'm jealous that you're so far along.

We've seen the HVAC people, plumbers, etc, working on the inside of the house...and they were installing shingles yesterday. 

Message 89 of 217
foofighter74
Established Contributor

@Mike_B03 wrote:

Any day now. Today is actually exactly 45 days before the estimated closing date and we were told we would get contacted by a closing agent 30-45 days prior to closing with our confirmed closing date at which time we need to let the loan officer know and we'll start the UW process again.

Interesting.  So you'll be on pins and needles for a week or so now. lol

Our loan officer just emailed me a few minutes ago and said that our "loan committment" should be out this week.  Whatever that means.  lol.  We were conditionally approved back in January, and our circumstances and loan-worthiness improved considerably between then and our actual application date of mid-March...anyway...whatever our loan commitment is, it should be coming this week.

Message 90 of 217
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.