Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And construction has begun! *FINISHED!!!*

tag
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Re: And construction has begun! Woohoo!

All the little stuff is starting to come together....plumbing fixtures were installed as were cable/internet outlets. I'm very excited about the OnQ panel and having everything centralized, though I need to research a bit about everything since I haven't had this sort of setup before.

And the upgraded toilets! Smiley Very Happy Comfort height and more stylish than the standard ones, and they flush super fash lol.

Message 151 of 217
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Re: And construction has begun! Woohoo!

An upgrade for your bum Smiley LOL

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 152 of 217
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Getting so close!   Door hardware installed. Exterior sto...

Getting so close!

Door hardware installed.

Exterior stone vaneer installed.

Driveway/walkway being installed.

Carpet is being installed.

Message 153 of 217
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Re: Getting so close! Door hardware installed. Exterior sto...

Nice!

Message 154 of 217
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Do you get lawns out there

Message 155 of 217
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

If you pay for them. Smiley Very Happy We didn't buy any landscaping, front or back, will do it after we move in.

Message 156 of 217
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

OMG wow, that would not fly in Texas unless you bought out in the middle of nowhere..

Message 157 of 217
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Yep...cheap cheap builders (or buyers? Smiley Very Happy) They used to include at least front landscaping but that went away, now it's an option. I don't really mind it as I'd rather design something ourselves and choose exactly the plants we want  and such vs "choose 1 of 3 designs available" type of thing.

The biggest BS Ive ever seen in my life though has to be the backyard fences and the outrageous amount they charge to have it built to the front of the house vs the rear, I'll have to take a few pictures and show you what I mean but it's ridiculous. 

Message 158 of 217
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I think maybe its an AZ thing, because your builder builds here in Texas and they put in full landscaping and sprinkler systems.

Message 159 of 217
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Our builder grades the land and seeds it all the way around your lot, but that's all the landscaping that is available. Until they come around every spring and ask if you want to have their people plant trees on your property.  For a fee of course. lol

There is a rule, actually, for the development that you have to plant a tree somewhere on your lot within i believe 18 months of moving in. So, they deforested the area to build a development for houses...which then require the buyers of those houses to start "foresting" the area again. Smiley LOL

Message 160 of 217
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.