Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And construction has begun! *FINISHED!!!*

tag
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: And construction has begun! Woohoo!

Wow very cool, they will start framing and you will have a house mid next week.

Message 41 of 217
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Stopped by the house again and surprisingly they even worked on a day when it rained. They took off the foundation forms so the framing is ready to go up (will probably start happening Monday) but I'm a little concerned about a crack that spans the width of 1/2 the house. 

Is this something I should be concerened with or is it pretty normal? I stopped by 7 other houses under construction and 3 of them also had the crack (in the exact same place) while 4 of them did not.

Message 42 of 217
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

They will probably have someone look at it to make sure it is ok before moving forward and the city will have to expect it.

Message 43 of 217
rehr22
Contributor

Wow, awesome thread. This really has me wanting a new home.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the square footage? You have any pictures of the layout?

Starting Score: (2009) EQ = 626 | TU = 664
Current Score: (03-18-2014) EQ = 737 | TU = 703 | EX = 723
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 44 of 217
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

@rehr22 wrote:
Wow, awesome thread. This really has me wanting a new home.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the square footage? You have any pictures of the layout?

Thanks, it's definitely exciting! Smiley Very Happy The house is 2,889 sq ft.

We did the optional den with french doors and the optional exterior door to the Teen Room. That  portion of the house (Teen Room, Bedroom 3) will be used as a home office.

Message 45 of 217
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

That is a very cool layout, when it gets closer you so need to do a youtube walkthru of it. Im thinking ill do an updated video of mine today.

Message 46 of 217
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

@tooleman694 wrote:

That is a very cool layout, when it gets closer you so need to do a youtube walkthru of it. Im thinking ill do an updated video of mine today.

Yea looove the layout, its what really sold us on the house even though it's a bit farther out than I wanted to be. Having the home office separated from the rest of the house will be awesome, then my wife loves the pantry, it's huge (55 SQ FT!). Plus the master bedroom with the double doors is really nice, even has a little foyer area before you actually enter the bedroom. Only thing I would of liked is a separate laundry room, i don't like that it's basically a hallway from the garage into the house. Bigger walk in closets would have been nice too, especially since I get the smaller of the two of course. Smiley Tongue

Message 47 of 217
rehr22
Contributor

I love the layout. I'm curious on the optional audio/visual entertainment center piece. Do you have the option of pulling fiber optic into the house and dropping into this space? What does this option entail?

Starting Score: (2009) EQ = 626 | TU = 664
Current Score: (03-18-2014) EQ = 737 | TU = 703 | EX = 723
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 48 of 217
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

@rehr22 wrote:
I love the layout. I'm curious on the optional audio/visual entertainment center piece. Do you have the option of pulling fiber optic into the house and dropping into this space? What does this option entail?

We didn't get the optional audio/video built-in because I'm not a fan of built-ins but you can have all sort of cables dropped in for any setup you want, it's all done when you go to the design center and pick all your options. You meet specifically with an audio/video person and they go over all the options.

Message 49 of 217
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Fiber is either terminated at the curb or on the side of the house. Never heard of it being dropped inside of the house.

Message 50 of 217
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.