Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And it has begun......

tag
chan85
Established Contributor

Re: And it has begun......

Well, heard back from Amica yesterday..... no dice. They had problems with the pipes AND the issues noted in the inspection with the deck Smiley Frustrated

So called my LO, she told me a few weeks ago that she had a referral for insurance, so went and ahead and emailed him last night. He emailed me this morning, price was $879. He went ahead and did my car insurance and got it down to $90/month, and that dropped my homeowners to $765! So it worked out for me!! We will start both the plans at the same time.

Been still trying to get my tax transcripts. Have to call the IRS tonight.

My LO said I am approved, just handling conditions for my loan!! So I am super excited!!

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 51 of 63
chan85
Established Contributor

Call the IRS. They take forver to fax, make you stay on the line to make sure you receive it. send me a blank test fax first, then halfway through the actual fax of my transcripts stopped it!! She asked me did I receive it, and I told her that the fax number sent me my info via email but since she had taken so long I was not able to check my email right at that second and was on my way to work (I called at 7:15ish this morning). She says we can't send to efax numbers. I was like well you already did so what's the problem. She said she would note the file that she was sending it over and that they were not responsible for anyone who might receive it by accident. Whatever. I just wanted my paperwork. Get to work and pull up my fax and cover sheet says 15 pages but only got pages 1-8!! I called my LO and she said to send it over anyway, so I did. Got ANOTHER copy of the 4506-T form to send back, appears that the IRS added the "SE" on the end of my address for their records, where as I never had that on the forms I submitted to them....... But at least now we have it resolved!

Also got another call from the credit company my LO uses to update the balances on my Wal-Mart and Capital One cards. 30 minute conference calls. Capital One barely listened to what we were saying and said they don't handle that and transferred us to the Annual Credit Report number! Wal-Mart went a little better. Not sure what other conditions I have to meet, but hopefully we are done soon!

Called the moving company and they can keep my stuff in storage vaults and they prorate so it basically will be about $10/day for 4 vaults! So that problem is solved! Super excited, ready to be in my house and to post my info on the Closing in August board and mostly be able to relax!!

Current Debt Management:
$10k NFCU

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 52 of 63
chan85
Established Contributor

Moved. It was a nightmare. The moving people showed up and the cost of the move grew out of control because they have to charge for the time they drove from my house, load the vaults and do an inventory- which could be 8 hours+. So we moved it into a storage that charged me $1 for the first month. But because it was so last second, its not a climate controlled place, and I worry because this GA weather can be muggy and icky and if I have mold on my stuff I am going to lose it! Plus they cut all the utilities off in my old house in the middle of my move, so I was unable to clean up and the power guy tracked mud in the carpet as he invited himself in to turn off the electricity. In the mean time, I have been staying at my mothers....such fun moving back home when you are almost 27 years old Smiley Indifferent

Our extension to close was through August 20th (yesterday). We did not make it. Apparently Chase doesn't want to approve an extension past that. They are now trying to understand who DCA is (Dpt of Community Affairs, they govern the down payment asst program) and why its taking so long. My LO told the agents that I was already at DCA, but apparently I was still with them as they were waiting to verify my paycheck was deposited and I had the money for closing in my account, which was just this past Friday. Nobody is calling me back to tell me what's going on. My agent is letting her self get bullied by the sellers agent because she is a little inexperienced in residential transactions and I think the other agent smelled blood and went for the kill.... My agent has been posting pictures of her kids on facebook and seems to be very carefree and trusting in the other agent..... I'm fuming on the other hand.....I think the other agent is just pressuring us to close and may not have even went to Chase to get an extension. When she tried to get us to go with her suggestion for financing when the whole FHA approval issue came up, that LO said they weren't going to close until end of this month anyway, so I don['t see why she is all worked up. Add to the fact that I had to explain what DCA was to my agent so she could relay it to the sellers agent to explain to Chase. IDK how neither one of them know what this program is, but it shouldn't be up to me to tutor them on it.....what are they getting paid to do??? You can google it and find out the info....

So as of now I am not sure I even have a house to move into....oh and did I mention that I have to be out my storage by September 1 or they prorate me this months rent which is about $70, on top of the $60 I paid just to rent the storage in the first place ($1 rent, but then they charge all these other fees to get started and buy a lock)?? So I have my own deadline.

My agent is hoping we can get an extension through next Monday and close then. IDK if my paperwork with DCA will be all done by then either, as my LO said they ask for additional conditions as well usually. She said I was approved on 8/7 with initial underwriting and only had 3 conditions. I sent over the stuff they asked for and they kept questioning an electronic transfer from my bank account to my brothers. I explained it was a short term loan and he transferred it back a week or so later, but the underwriter kept asking my LO for stuff about it, like a statement. Not sure if they have cleared that up enough to get my file over to DCA yet... again no one is telling me much.....

Current Debt Management:
$10k NFCU

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Message 53 of 63
indecison
Regular Contributor

Hang in there and keep us posted!!

Message 54 of 63
chan85
Established Contributor

Turns out my file has been BACK from DCA since last FRIDAY!! They sent it to a wrong fax number so nobody got the confirmation and the underwriter failed to mention she had went ahead and sent it to them last week after we met the conditions. My LO said they are sending her the conditions so we should be good to go, as long as they aren't complicated.

**While typing this I get an update**

7 Conditions, all simple, but the file may need an extra day, not sure if Chase will allow it. She said they are trying to send it off now, but it may take a while to get final approval.... all my fingers and toes are crossed now... My LO said she is livid because they sent the file back from DCA on the 17th and they could have spent the weekend clearing it up and getting ready to close this week, now we are behind....

*edited for spelling errors I missed in my excitetment!

Current Debt Management:
$10k NFCU

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Message 55 of 63
chan85
Established Contributor

My LO talked to the sellers agent and offered to call Chase to explain why we needed another 24 hours, and the agent fessed up to LYING!!!!!

She said that Chase had actually already approved the extension until MONDAY the 27th, but that her clients couldn't come Monday, so she just told us Friday because they didn't want to have to take off work!!! You would think someone who is trying to unload this house would be a little more accomodating! My LO said she shouldn't have promised them a closing date in the first place since that's not her call.

I should have bet money!! I knew that woman was a snake!! And she kept telling her that the they would walk away if we took too long, and my LO said she wanted to tell her go ahead- let your house go into foreclosure, since I am already approved for my loan, all I would have to do is find another house, it wasn't going to hurt me, and I could probably go get the house for even CHEAPER that way since the bank would just want to unload it then!! LOL My LO is awesome! She said she could have went into how we lost a whole week when the FHA approval mess came up that was the sellers agents fault, but she didn't, she will just focus on the conditions. 

Anyway, she said the clients were upset because they were going to now have 2 missed payments on the mortage instead of 1 since they had to go until Monday..... My LO was like don't they understand that the short sale has poked holes in their credit score already?? Poor souls... LOL

I already sent them all my part of the conditions, so hopefully they can get it over there and cleared up! I am almost at the finish line!

Current Debt Management:
$10k NFCU

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Message 56 of 63
chan85
Established Contributor

So my LO called me yesterday and said that they got everything approved, but DCA was saying they couldn't get us a closing package until Tuesday becaus her company wasn't moving the file to them quickly. She said she called my agent but she was busy so she called me instead. She gave me the number to the coporate office and said to call and explain the situation to a manager and press them to help. She said corporate didn't like complaints and they would get moving on it. She text me the number because she didn't want it coming from her work email lol.

I called and talked to a manager, who was actually my LO boss and he listened to the story, I explained that Monday is my drop dead date, we already have 2 extensions and its a short sale that the bank isn't willing to keep pushing. He said he would call me back. Now this was almost 5PM, when i talked to him so I figured he would just call me back today. Instead, he got working on it, called back around 6, and said that I am approved for everything, but for the DPA second mortgage, DCA has to sign the paper work. So he said he has it on his desk for first thing today and would handle getting it overnighted so we could get closed by Monday. I thanked him profusely and called my LO. She was on the phone with him already so she called me back later.  He told her he was going to WALK my file into the DCA office since he had to be downtown today!!!

She said she told my agent to schedule the closing around 3 on Monday to give us some time in case there is a problem but we are on the way!! I think that's a clear to close right??? Smiley Tongue

Current Debt Management:
$10k NFCU

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Message 57 of 63
chan85
Established Contributor

Just wanted to do a last update in this.

Closed 8/27. Closing cost were only $780, and would have been less if I had asked for full 3% from sellers (they were $350 under) and had paid my appraisal upfront. 

That down payment assistance program helped a lot!

Move in on 8/29 and have been getting settled!

Smiley LOL

Current Debt Management:
$10k NFCU

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Message 58 of 63
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! You have been going through a lot! So glad to see that this story has a happy ending!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 59 of 63
luckelle
Regular Contributor

Unbelievable! Man O Man that was a heck of a story. Learned so much from your journey. It has to get better, the process of buying a home. Man I love these fairy tale true life stories

Starting Score: 5/2012 TU 595, EQ 565, EX fako 547
Current Score:as of 9/2012, TU 626,Walmart 612, EQ 600, EX fako 623
Goal Score: 640 by dec 2013
BofA Au 13000, Amazon 600, Capt1 300, Walmart 150
When all else fails pay it!

Message 60 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.