Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another $8,000 tax credit ????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another $8,000 tax credit ????

I am currently a home owner.  My girlfriend and I will be getting married this June.  She is not on my current home loan.  We planned on upgrading after our wedding.  Since she never owned a house can she qualify for the $8,000 credit if it goes through???
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another $8,000 tax credit ????

First, realize that the stimilus bill, when enacted, amended the existing tax credit for first-time homebuyers -- it is not 'new' law. The parts of the law not amended stay the same. Thus, as stated in the original law, if married, both spouses must be on the new deed in order to claim the credit. Therefore, BOTH spouses must be first-time homebuyers (or not owned a residence in the previous three years). So, it looks like your fiance can only claim the credit if she buys, by herself, before you are married.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another $8,000 tax credit ????

Nope, unless she buys a house before whatever dates are noted on that Tax Credit bill. I'm still new to this so I could be wrong.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.