Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another DTI Question (newbie)

tag
riker20
New Contributor

Re: Another DTI Question (newbie)

Thank you for the great answer.  I am not sure I will be able to swing 20% down.  I've been talking to NFCU and their conventional 30 year loans do not require PMI even if you only put 5% down.  Any thoughts from the myFICO folks on NFCU's mortgages?

NFCU Flagship - 50k | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 38k | AMEX BCE - 29.3k | Best Buy Store Card - 21k | Furniture Row - 19.7k | Lowes Card - 16k | NFCU LOC - 15k | Amazon Store - 12k | Macy's - 6000
Message 11 of 13
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

You will be paying PMI either with a rate increase or with an upfront fee.

With your income, you will probably max out your front end ration somewhere in the 300k range.

Message 12 of 13
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

NFCU mortgage folks are as nice and helpful as all the rest of NFCU. My LO with NFCU on a refinance made the process seem painless. She kept me informed all the way and I never worried. I would recommend NFCU even if I had to pay a little more in costs. And they keep the loan after they write it so you don't have to worry about who you get stuck with.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.