Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day, another NO CLOSE!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another Day, another NO CLOSE!!!

I am completely baffled as to how they can deny you within a few hours of the scheduled closing time. How does that happen? Why would they take you all the way through the process and deny it at last minute? I am stunned!

Message 61 of 67
Ron6262
Regular Contributor

When I hear a story like this I always wonder if the LO was being up front or was just incompetent.  I cannot imagine having a close date scheduled and being asked for write a LOX???    We all have a bit of last minute drama, but they are not usually deal breakers.

Message 62 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sorry to hear the bad news, but how did a LOX -- was it a collection that sealed the deal. If you had a collection or late account, did they not give you an option to pay the collection account ?
Message 63 of 67
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I had to write a letter explaining, why I gave earnest money to the new home builder, while during the same time my non purchasing spouse was late on her mortgage payments.

I screamed and yelled about why im getting hit because of credit issues from the non purchasing spouse. Didnt matter.  Late mortgage payment is the kiss of death, even if a non purchasing spouse did it.

The deal is done.

On the bright side, we met with the builder yesterday and we are going to build a new one. And since they are trying to close out part of the neighborhood I can build the same house for even cheaper, add in 6 months of savings for the build time, I will have enough cash for 20 percent down and ill go conventional.

Im moving into a short term lease on an Apartment this weekend.

Message 64 of 67
dehabel
Established Member

What state and what program?  Why didn't they inquire about this at the beginning?

Message 65 of 67
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Texas and we were doing an FHA loan.

They did ask about it at the start and I had to write a letter explaining. It looked like it was good enough since for the next week had to finish more conditions, then they brought it up again at the end.

Message 66 of 67
dehabel
Established Member

Wow, sorry!  What a pain!  Try to enjoy the building process Smiley Happy

Message 67 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.