Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Tax Credit Question........

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another Tax Credit Question........

Hi everyone.....Im finally on the last leg on getting loan finished.......I supposed to close on April 27 ....

I ve tried researching this question but it is a little confusing........ok so i have already filed my 2008 tax returns and have gotten my return back....

If i close next week can i still file an ammened return and get the $8000 dollar return soon or do i have to wait until next year when i do my taxes again???

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.....everyone has been very helpful in my loan process.....

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another Tax Credit Question........

Here's a link to the IRS info on this:

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=205416,00.html

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed my taxes back in Feb so I could get my refund to help with closing. I closed today. When I left closing I went to the post office to mail my amended return so I can get my 8,000 back. You do NOT have to wait until next year. I had done my original taxes on Turbo tax so doing the amended return was idiot proof but I would recommend taking your original return to a tax person if you are unsure what to do. Please keep in mind that the IRS is saying 12 weeks for amended return refunds and it can't be filed electronically.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too closed on the 6th of April. I also already filed my taxes and got a refund. I sent the amended return VIA Turbo Tax for my tax credit and have yet recieved it. I've been reading up on this and it looks like at the very least it will be 12 weeks before I get my amended refund check.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Richard

I read that there were no electronic filings for amended returns so I sent mine in. You might want to check on that so you aren' waiting around for something that wont process.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.