cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another approved/eligible question for you LO...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another approved/eligible question for you LO...

So this is kind of a repeat of the question I already asked, but here's the deal. A week ago I was told by a broker that the system had said we were approved/eligible for a $110,000 FHA loan with 3.5% down and the seller paying $3500 in closing costs. The next day the same broker said his underwriter had said no to the loan because of a 30 day late credit card payment that happened 8 months ago.

We spoke with a LO from our bank on Sunday, and he punched in our income and everything and worked with the interest rate to get us to a good DTI, so he said he should be able to work with us there. He said if the other broker had gotten an approved/eligible, that should be the case for him too and that meant that the 30 day late wouldn't matter. He said if the machine didn't ignore the 30 day late, then we couldn't get the loan until the late was 12 months old. He spoke with his underwriter who agreed that yes, if AU approved us, the 30 day late wouldn't matter.

He still hasn't run our application because there was a question about FHA approving the house. However, that's no longer an issue, so he's going to let us know tomorrow about our application. I feel like we should be okay based on what he said, but I wondered if there was any way that the broker from last week could have put in our info incorrectly and somehow gotten AU to ignore the 30 day late. I asked the LO this and he said no, that the information was just taken straight from the credit report and input straight into the system and that it wasn't a manual entry or whatever. But I'm just paranoid that we're going to find out that the system is not approving us, even though we were told it did last week. 

Thanks for any opinions. I'm anxiously awaiting the phone call from my lender tomorrow to find out if we're good to go, and I'm trying to prepare myself as much as possible to hear a no. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Another approved/eligible question for you LO...

your issue is that lender #1 chose to ignore the au findings and deny anyway.

if i get a file approved with ten thirty day lates yesterday, then we will still abide by the au findings and do the loan.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you would agree that it wouldn't just be user error that somehow the late payment wasn't put into the DU (or LP or whatever it's called...I forget)?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is also possible the the original LO messed around a bit to get the AU.  Not in a bad way, but LO's are trained to adjust DP/reserves.etc to see what will work and play with different scenarios.  Maybe he played with some of these numbers and got an AU approval but the way he did it was not going to happen (say inputing 10K in reserves that buyers may not have)...

The most likely scenario is that the UW and/or his buyers want do not accept lates under 12 months at all.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah. The LO we're working with now did play with interest rates (buying points) and grants that his bank offers to get us within a reasonable DTI. It's just the late payment that concerns me, so I hope it comes back in our favor.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was suggesting that the old LO might have massaged #s a bit to ge teh AU past the late.  Aot of times reserves and/or higher down payment will overcome a late.  If all other factors are at minimum (zero reserves, DTI borderline, only3.5% down) it is harder to get past.  But, by adding some reserves or something it will sometimes overcome the late.  Every file is different though. 
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingers crossed for ya tomorrow!
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, I see, Mickie. I hope that's not the case! He seemed very specific about the approval being contingent upon the numbers I mentioned above...but I hope he didn't get it to approve it by fudging anything!
Message Edited by vitorbr on 03-25-2009 03:36 PM
Message 8 of 9
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

I'm sending good vibes your way!! Good Luck  Smiley Happy

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.