cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another "Do I Qualify?"-Thanks in advance!

tag
rkdavie
Established Member

Re: Another "Do I Qualify?"-Thanks in advance!

Hi tooleman,

I was wondering if you could elaborate on your advice?  Do you mean because my income is on the lower side, I should let my accounts age a bit? Thanks!!

Message 11 of 14
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Because your income is on the low side, with owning a home you are gonna run into somethings that cost a ton. I would in this case rather rent and let the landlord fix these items.

Message 12 of 14
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

MovingForward, here in Florida we haven't seen insurance rates in the range that you are talking about since all the hurricanes. In fact our rates started to creep up after Hurricane Andrew in 1991 and then in 2004 and 2005 when we had 3 hurricanes the rates went to ridiculous amounts: many, many thousands in some cases. In Orlando the insurance is a little lower than it is in S Florida, but it is still higher than the rest of the country.

We have the highest insurance in the country. Even if the property is new you still pay much more than the amount you pay in your area. There is a special inspection done called a Wind Mitigation Inspection and if that isn't done, then none of the discounts apply. There are entire zips codes where only one insurance company will write insurance - that is Citizens Insurance (state sponsored company). 

Message 13 of 14
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Yeah, there's no way you're getting home insurance in Florida for under $600.  Not with the threat of Hurricanes coming through for half of every year.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.