Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anxious - waiting on appraiser for clearance to close

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anxious - waiting on appraiser for clearance to close

So there were two conditions to my mortgage commitment. The first was that the stove in the basement needed to be removed - that was done May 3rd. The second was that the chimney needed repointing and that was completed May 5th. The bank and appraiser were immediately notified that all conditions has been met yet the closer at the bank will not authorize us to close because the appraiser has not gone back out to the house to look at the repairs.

My attorney informed me no one can get in touch with the appraiser and in spite of the fact that the bank (and appraiser) knows we are set to close Thursday they will not sign off on it until he does. If I don't close Thursday there will of course be penalties placed against me. I'm really hoping he crawls out from under the rock where he's been hiding tomorrow and goes to the house but if he doesn't how is that my fault?

I've had all my "ducks in a row" since 5/5 just waiting. How is it fair that I'm penalized because the BANK'S appraiser is being lazy?  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anxious - waiting on appraiser for clearance to close

I feel your pain! We had our appraisal come in last week. we are buying a bsnk owned property. After the original inspection, the bank agreed to repair a broken water pipe that was leaking in the upstairs bathroom down the walls and into the kitchen light fixture. We have no clue if it has ben dealt with or not. Them, our FHA appraisal was last week. We had the realtor send the paperwork over to the bank today asking that they replace the garage roof(fha says we have to) and turn the water and furnace back on as the appraiser could not look at these things.The other inspector did and we know they work, but the appraiser still needs to. Anyway, long story short. we are supposed to close on or before the 21st. I have no idea how this is going to happen! Theb ank that owns this house really drags their feet on everything.

hope things work out for you in time!

Message 2 of 3
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Anxious - waiting on appraiser for clearance to close

Okay, for those of you who have been following this thread, it is plainly obvious that several posts were deleted because this thread was escalating into a very unfortunate argument.  In the interest of trying to keep the FICO Forums a friendly and respectful community, these messages were removed.  They did little, if anything, to address the concerns of the original poster.

The thread has been unlocked.  If anyone wishes to reply, either to offer a different perspective or moral support, feel free to do so.  But please refrain from jumping to conclusions or hurling insults at your fellow FICO Forums community members.  Be respectful and courteous of others, even if you disagree with them.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.