cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Advice - Building a house, VA loan...new and old 30 day lates popped up before house is done.

tag
natesmom

Re: Any Advice - Building a house, VA loan...new and old 30 day lates popped up before house is done

Closing is now the end of October due to builder delays. They do not have enough manpower to facilitate quick builds of all the homes they have sold
Message 11 of 12
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

Re: Any Advice - Building a house, VA loan...new and old 30 day lates popped up before house is done

@natesmom wrote:
@Sunshine, i also commented to those as well as I mentioned those things in my initial post. They have been disputed and returned the same results. I have contacted a manger at the credit reporting department, the response is in my initial post. I have sent a letter to their "office of the president" and am awaiting the result. If you read anything anywhere about Santander you will find that any and all measures of getting them to rectify ANY problems is an ongoing, never ending and no win battle. So "quickly" is not applicable here.

Additionally, I am in Texas is a very popular and high demand location. The builder wouldn't give a second thought to putting the house on the market especially since they could sell for much more than we purchased as the same house is now starting at 20k more than we contracted for.

Don't stop with one letter to executive offices. You need to continue contacting them. Find an email address and send messages daily if you have to. Follow the other advice given and contact external agencies as well. As mentioned in that thread, you could also retain a consumer attorney, since you have plenty of reserves, and have them send an intent to sue letter. You have to continue contacting people as suggested in the thread. You can't just stop at a few attempts, or send one letter to executive offices. 

As far as your lender, all you need to do is tell them to hold off on the credit pull while you're working to resolve the issue. 

The posters gave you sound advice. Follow it, and you will get this resolved. 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.