cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Info on Citizens Bank Closing Experiences?

tag
Startfromwithin
Contributor

Any Info on Citizens Bank Closing Experiences?

Hello Forum!!

I expect to submit an offer on a house next week. I am working with a Citizens Bank LO whose response time SUCKS!! He takes about a week to get back to me. Since I am in the very early stages, it wouldn't bother me much to jump ship.

Another contact at Wells Fargo has excellent advice and response time (and a good rate, too!), but I keep reading about how LONG Wells Fargo takes to close among other negative things.

I haven't heard much regarding Citizens Bank though. Just wondering if I should continue moving forward with Citizens, or jump ship now while it's still early in the process.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
tdrjustus3
Regular Contributor

Re: Any Info on Citizens Bank Closing Experiences?

Did you ever get any advice?  Did you make a decision?  I am considering Citizens Bank and was wondering if your experience improved or did you go with someone else?

No apps until 8/2014
March 2013 Starting FICO Score: EQ: 584 TU: 564 EX: ??
August 2013 Current FICO Scores: EQ:664 EX:684 Walmart TU: 666
Message 2 of 5
Startfromwithin
Contributor

I never got a response.

I just went off of my gut feeling. I didn't like the response time in the very beginning, so I didn't expect that it would improve.

I decided to go with a Broker. I feel like I have more options, not to mention the fact that he makes himself available... even on the weekends/evenings.

I'm happy with my decision.

But then... that was the LO that I was working with. I understand that not all LO's are the same.

Good luck!!!!

Message 3 of 5
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

For most banks, they have to close your mortgage if it is a purchase in 30 days. Does this always happen? No.. But it's pretty close

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 5
Startfromwithin
Contributor

I didn't know that. Good to know!! Although, if they don't really have to abide by those rules, then I guess it doesn't matter so much.

I was always told 45 - 60 days.

Either way, that particular LO took on average a week to answer 1 question. That was very frustrating.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.