Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any advice would be extremely helpful.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any advice would be extremely helpful.

Hey everyone. I am in the process of closing on a house right now. Tennitive closing date is April 7th but trying to get it pushed to March 27th. I put an offer on the house in early February. Thoughout the whole gathering process, I somehow overlooked paying my Toyota car loan. When I called in to pay my march payment, I was informed that I was 31 days past due on the loan. I told the Rep that there could be no way. I have never missed a car loan in 15 years. Anyways, I looked into it and sure enough, I didn't call ( checked phone records and bank accounts). I immediately paid both months but she told me they were still going to report a 30 day late on my credit report.

What really pissed me off was i never received a call, a letter or even an email stating or giving a courtesy reminder that my payment was due. They didn't even try to inform me whatsoever. I know it's my responsibility to pay it on time but come on.

Fast forward to today, I faxed and emailed the CEO of Toyota financial a letter explaining myself. I also faxed a letter to the dispute team at Toyota. I have yet to hear anything back. My Fico scores are 691,652 and 643. If this 30 day late reports on my cr, it will tank my scores and I'd be willing to bet i lose the money I have invested into buying this house. This is for an USDA loan and it is in final works. All that is left is to hear the clear to close. Any ideas on if this loan will close? Toyota reports on the 31st.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Re: Any advice would be extremely helpful.

During a mortgage we must pay special attention to detail. Good luck getting this resolved
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they usually remind you about your payment?  You shouldn't be upset with them when you have the car.  It's your responsibility.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might luck out if your lender does not need a second pull to finish up closing. I wouldn't hold your breath on a response from ceo
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

you may get lucky and they will not need a second puil.  When i bought my house; the first report was only good for 90 days and then they said they would need an updated report.  from pre-approval to close was like 85 days for me.  I got super lucky

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit was pulled on Jan 16 to start the process. I hope I can close before it reports on the 31st if I can't convince Toyota to remove.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I honestly know it was my mistake but a call would have been nice. When I asked the service Rep why they didn't call to remind, she told me the account was too new to do that. I've had the vehicle for 8 months. Luck is about the only thing I have going for me right now. Or the lack of it. However you want to look at it.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You would think Toyota would have a one time courtesy for things like this. It happens and this could not have happened at a worse time.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest that you keep calling until you get through to a customer service rep who is sympathetic and seems like he or she might know how to deal with this... credit reporting is usually handled by a different department and not necessarily do all of the reps have the right contacts

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also maybe confess all to your loan officer, and ask him or her whether it's a good idea to pull your credit preemptively on the 30th (ie before Toyota reports)... that just might be close enough to closing

On the other hand, your scores will take a small hit as a result of the extra pull...

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.