cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance of getting a loan? FICO is at 615 but have a cosigner.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any chance of getting a loan? FICO is at 615 but have a cosigner.

I just applied for an FHA loan with US Bank and very nervous about the approval. I do not have a 620 score, but it is at 615. My father did cosign for me with a credit score of 850. My debt to income ratio was really high because I am in grad school and my student loans will hurt. Does anyone have any idea if I will get approved or not? I'm so nervous. I did get preapproved but have not heard back from the UW dept with an approval at this time. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Any chance of getting a loan? FICO is at 615 but have a cosigner.

Hi OP, I split your post to form a new thread here to keep the other on topic. I had to edit the subject line but changed nothing else. If you'd like to chang ethe subject line, feel free to do so by clicking "Options" and then "Edit Message" to make that change.

Score-wise, you've got it. Could the DTI be an issue?

Message 2 of 7
lkcrew426
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just applied for an FHA loan with US Bank and very nervous about the approval. I do not have a 620 score, but it is at 615. My father did cosign for me with a credit score of 850. My debt to income ratio was really high because I am in grad school and my student loans will hurt. Does anyone have any idea if I will get approved or not? I'm so nervous. I did get preapproved but have not heard back from the UW dept with an approval at this time. Any suggestions?

How far away from graduation are you? Usually if it is more than 12 months they don't count the loans in your DTI.

Message 3 of 7
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Information asked for in the thread http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Help-the-FICO-Forums-help-you-with-your-mortgage-qual... is needed to provide accurate feedback.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help i'm new to this, but yes i'm afraid the DTI would be an issue. I'm glad to hear score wise i'm ok though. Thanks for your help

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I graduate in Dec 2010.

Message 6 of 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

which score is 850, TU or EQ?  that's very rare.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.