Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any chance?

I'm getting down to the wire here. Am I going to get it? Pins and needles now that it is getting close.

Want to try FHA, about $110-120k.

The Good: $46000/ yr // zero bills, perfect, well no credit since BK // mid FICO 659

The So So: BK7 discharged 5/07 (hence the so close part) // $3000 savings, $3000 401k

The Bad: only at my job 14 months, and yes I changed fields. But VERY secure job that is not going anywhere (ie Gov.)

Is the time on the job going to kill me? Am I going to have to wait another year?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Any chance?

You will need 2yrs in the same line of work.

Exceptions can be made, but with low reserves and recent bk with no re-established credit? Well, I just don't see any compensating factors to make me think this would be possible.

Work on re-establish credit.

Save money.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any chance?

Sorry to butt in getting close, but...

I am in an almost exact situation, BK7 in June 07. Few minor differences .

I have 2 small CC that are 9 and 10 months old now. VERY light use and balance both $0, never late (I know these don't "count" because they are less than 1 yr old.)

Raised my FICOs from 570s to 650s.

Also about $45000/ yr, but I am looking at $80-90k houses.

And about $5000 savings with gift for the 3.5%

My question is could these minor differences in my situation help counter my 1yr on the job ( I also changed fields, but went back to a field I was in 4yrs ago for 5 prior to that)?

Should I just start looking at the For Rent section?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.