Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any idea what's going on with HR 5017?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea what's going on with HR 5017?

Our file was submitted to USDA yesterday, in California.  We are cutting it real close here.  If review time is 48-72 hours, which I heard from multiple people, that would put us at May 4 to get our funding set aside for our loan - last I heard funding was expeced to be exhausted by the 7th. 

Does anyone know where the Bill HR 5017 is?  Last I heard it passed  in the House of Reps and is now ready to be passed by Senate??? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any idea what's going on with HR 5017?

I read earlier today that the bill was read twice today in Senate and referred to a committee there.  Don't remember which site I saw it on though, sorry. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-5017 - This is most recent information I can find about it today. 

Edited

mh

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am set to close on 5/21/10. I am getting really nervous about the guaranteed loan now. It looks like 5017 is rolling along now. I noticed that this bill would raise the guarantee fee from 2% to up to 4%.  Is it possible that the fee could change before I close if the president signs it soon?

Message 4 of 6
conjur
Established Member

I've called the offices of Sen. Bennet (bill's sponsor in the Senate) and Sen. Dodd (committee chairman)

The Senate version of the bill is still in committee. The financial reform stuff is taking precedent right now. The guy that answered the phone at Sen. Bennet's office didn't know when it would come out of committee.

The girl who answered the phone at Sen. Dodd's office said the bill is still in committee but that Sen. Bennet could offer it up as an amendment to the financial reform bill but there's been no word yet on whether he'll try that or push for a markup of the bill itself.

So....we wait.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Floor Schedule

Thursday, May 06, 2010

9:30 a.m.: Convene and resume consideration of S.3217, Restoring American Financial Stability Act of 2010.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.