Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any info or experience with USDA guaranteed loan audit process

tag
lifeiswhatImakeit
Valued Member

Any info or experience with USDA guaranteed loan audit process

Of al the files that go through SC USDA mine was pulled for audit. BB&T underwriting took forever and I've already missed a June 7 closing but now I might miss this June 28 closing. Anyone got any ideas on timeframe for an audit?

Starting Score: 557 EQ 3/6/13
Current Score: 699 TU Wal-Mart 5/13/13
Goal Score: 700

Lender Pull 4-12-13 EQ 631 TU 679 EX 681
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
CapOne Visa, CapOne MC, OrchBank, BoA Platinum Visa, First Premier, Belk, JCPenney, Wal-Mart, Fingerhut
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

Re: Any info or experience with USDA guaranteed loan audit process

Ok call me stupid but what and y are they auditing you... I never heard of this

Message 2 of 5
sunnysideup
Established Member

So sorry you are going through that.  From what I hear the audits are random, and the length of time depends on how backed up they are, and they also depend on whether the file is complicated, complete, etc.  Can your lender ask them for a timeframe?  Hope it works out for you!!!

Message 3 of 5
lifeiswhatImakeit
Valued Member

It has nothing to do with me or the bank or rally anything for that matter. Like sunnysideup said it is a random file pull. And unfortunately it was mine that was pulled. I have spoken with my lender and my realtor and no one has any idea of a timeframe. My realtor did say that since the audit file is more of a indepth process then it shouldn't just sit on someone's desk it should be a higher priority. But it's probably a longer process. My concern is not my file because as long as the Underwriter took with it, it should be well documented and all should be in order. My concern is the seller not willing to extend our contract even though we have come this far. Which to me wouldn't make sense because by time he relists the property, has showings, gets another offer, waits for them to close we would be done before all of that. But you never know what some people are thinking. Sorry I'm just venting right now I'm just so run down from all of this.

Starting Score: 557 EQ 3/6/13
Current Score: 699 TU Wal-Mart 5/13/13
Goal Score: 700

Lender Pull 4-12-13 EQ 631 TU 679 EX 681
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
CapOne Visa, CapOne MC, OrchBank, BoA Platinum Visa, First Premier, Belk, JCPenney, Wal-Mart, Fingerhut
Message 4 of 5
sunnysideup
Established Member

I hear you.  I would definitely ask your realtor to prepare the seller ahead of time - ask for the extension now, and tell the seller it is out of your control.  Perhaps get a letter from your lender saying that the USDA randomly pulls applications for quality control purposes, and unfortunately yours was pulled.  I would be proactive about it now rather than wait until the last minute.  That way you can breathe easier!  I know this is kind of crazy sounding, but if it were me, I would call my state USDA office and ask how long an audit takes.  I have found my USDA office very accommodating and willing to answer questions.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.