cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any tips for removing dispute remarks with Equifax?

tag
terrymac
New Contributor

Re: Any tips for removing dispute remarks with Equifax?

OK. So I just contacted Verizon at this second, and the lovely guy says he will remove the "consumer dispute this account," statement. He is going to send out a letter to me stating that the account is no longer in dispute, so hopefully I will get that soon. Also, I have to wait for EX to report this.  He says to give them 30 days or less and I am hoping less. If all goes well, I am to close on a house on Feb 24! 

Don't give up folks.  I am so going to be on this like white on rice. 

06/02/2011 TU 614; EQ 614
07/01/2011 TU 616; EQ 615
07/08/2011 EQ 625
08/08/2011 EQ 644; TU 621
09/16/2011 EQ 678
Message 11 of 147
IOBA
Senior Contributor

chan85 - yes, I meant that you wouldn't get final approval for closing (although you can be pre-approved).   Now would be the time for you to get all of the words "Dispute" of the CR!

terrymac - I would recommend/suggest keeping a few extra copies of that letter from Verizon.   IF it is an issue with the UW, you can respond promptly with the letter from Verizon saying's taken care of.  Don't offer it before it's needed - you dont' want the UW to suddenly take a closer look at the report wondering if they missed something else...ya know?   Is this where I pat you on the back?  You did good.  Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 147
lola1886
Established Member

@terrymac wrote:

I know! I love this board too. Feeling a bit worried now because have applied for a mortgage and did not know that dispute was on it. When I paid, I asked Verizon to remove the tradeline which they did from TU and EQ. Since I couldn't see my EX didn't know it was there until the LO pulled my report.  Anyway, have put on offer on a house and just waiting for all the ducks to align so don't really want to dispute with the CB. Might have to though. Even though when I called EX today, the automated voice kept asking for a report number which I don't have. Do I have to dispute to get one? Am going to try Verizon tomorrow to see if they can erase the TL from EX, if not, will just have to keep trying with EX.

If anyone has a number for EX they can private message me, I would be so grateful! Thanks a lot.

I signed up with the Experian.com site to get the report number and contact info.  I think the intial trial is only $1. When I called I had to go through speaking to their first line representatives, but after explaining the situation they transferred me to the dispute dept.  The reps there were very helpful and basically opened an online 'dispute' to remove the comments.  I had the results back that same day via email and was able to call and cancel the membership.  Overall, I felt it was a dollar well spent.

Message 13 of 147
terrymac
New Contributor

IOBA, I will take that pat on the back. I have learned so much from this board. Persistance really works sometimes.

lola1886, I called EX CB this morning to have the dispute comment removed just like you wrote, and that should be update in about 72 hours. I am keeping my fingers crossed for everyone who is going through this at the moment.

06/02/2011 TU 614; EQ 614
07/01/2011 TU 616; EQ 615
07/08/2011 EQ 625
08/08/2011 EQ 644; TU 621
09/16/2011 EQ 678
Message 14 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any tips for removing dispute remarks with Equifax?

Very frustrated as of today. Was informed yesterday by my lender that I had to have a 'consumer dispute statement' removed from my credit report(s). No problem with Experian and TU; however, Equifax is the problem. I disputed the accounts well over a year ago and they never removed them after the investigation. Now I am told that I must contact the creditor to have it remoed. One creditor asked me to fax in a letter which I did; however, the other, refused stating that my case is with an attorney and the only way I can get it removed is if I make a payment or arrangements. Zenith Acq sucks. Not sure how to get aroumd this. I am slated to close in 11 days.

Any advice? 

Message 15 of 147
IOBA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Very frustrated as of today. Was informed yesterday by my lender that I had to have a 'consumer dispute statement' removed from my credit report(s). No problem with Experian and TU; however, Equifax is the problem. I disputed the accounts well over a year ago and they never removed them after the investigation. Now I am told that I must contact the creditor to have it remoed. One creditor asked me to fax in a letter which I did; however, the other, refused stating that my case is with an attorney and the only way I can get it removed is if I make a payment or arrangements. Zenith Acq sucks. Not sure how to get aroumd this. I am slated to close in 11 days.

Any advice? 

In this case, they hold the cards.  It sounds like you will need to make payment arrangements regarding the Zenith Acq to get the dispute comment removed.

Have you contacted Equifax and asked them to remove it?  Keep trying to get them to remove the comment.

Message 16 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did your lender say they wont close/fund if you have any disputed items?  My bank had me pay an open collection w/ a balance that was in dispute status, but still closed/funded the loan with the 3 other collections on my report that were closed and paid and had dispute on them as well

Message 17 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are a few disputes on my accounts. There appears to be a problem with those accounts that show a balance and have a dispute. I don't have to pay them, just remove the "account disputed by comsumer" statement.

Message 18 of 147
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

thanks for the info Dorothy is amazing!

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

I certainly hope she is. I called and left her a detailed message this morning. Apparently you used her. Was it recent? How long did it take for her to resolve the issue? Is there anything specific that I should have told her to help remove the disputes? Please forgive all the questions. I am at whits end and don't know what else to do. I'm scheculed to close next week and don't want to lose my house. Thanks

Message 20 of 147
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.