cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any tips for removing dispute remarks with Equifax?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any tips for removing dispute remarks with Equifax?

I cannot post the phone number. They won' t let me; but if you searh you will find it here. pm me or send me a message and i will get it to you

Message 31 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jordan I emailed you

Can someone,anyone please pm me the #? I am calling and leaving a message tomorrow. I need this done by monday in order to proceed.Thanks

Message 32 of 147
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Hudson2278 - did you get the number yet?

Message 33 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

IOBA no I did not and I really,really need it! ThanksSmiley Happy

Message 34 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

I left a message for Dorothy late last night on her direct line and she called me back this afternoon to advise me everything was taken care of.  LOVE HER.  Contact me if you need her #.  

Message 35 of 147
FSUGAPEACH
Contributor

I spoke to Dorothy as well! Called me back the same day and TADA it was removed! Love her!
Message 36 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anothery success thanks to Dorothy.

I am currently in the process of purchasing a home and was told by my loan officer the dispute comments must be removed.  My equifax report llsted 3 accounts with dispute comments and none on my transunion report.  Not sure about experian, but waiting on loan officer to provide a copy of the report.  Anyway, as mentioned in some other threads, I called Ms. Dorothy @ Equifax, left her a detailed voicemail with my ssn, dob, and contact info asking to have the dispute comments removed as I am purchasing a home.  She called back later the same afternoon to let me know she has removed the commnents.  They are also mailing a confirm letter, which the loan officer requested I provide.

Her number was found doing a google search.   She also mentioned they could resubmit the inquiry for the update to show.  I was concerned about the updates hurting my fico score as I'm sitting right at 640, but so far nothing from scorewatch.  I'm guessing/hoping score may not be affected as the 3 accounts are 6 - 6.5 years old.

Message 37 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

?

Don't know if my score went down or not. I made a payment to a credit card to bring it under 50% of its limit which spiked my score. That might be an option for you. Good Luck.

Message 38 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in a similar situation with my home loan. I have to remove the "in dispute" status from my credit report in order to close on my wife and I's first home.  EX and TU were easy:

phone call, BOOM, done 3 days max.

Equifax has decided to dispute the disputed status. If someone could PM me Dorothy's number my wife will probably bake you a cake and clean your house for the next year!Smiley Wink

Thanks in advance!!

Message 39 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

not sure how to pm you but if you search for equifax and dorothy you should find the number. You could also google equifax executive customer service and you'll get it as well.  Can't remember the number right now but a little more searching will get you there. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll look it up again.

Message 40 of 147
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.