cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any tips for removing dispute remarks with Equifax?

tag
Hawksfan
Established Member

Re: Any tips for removing dispute remarks with Equifax?

Hold on here can someone clarify for me. If I have disputed anything in the past there will be a dispute note on my file? What if the dispute was settled and Equifax decided that the information was correct. Does it still show dispute? I mean what exactly shows dispute? If I get my scores and reports form here "My fico" and I don't see dispute does that mean I'm good? or am I going to need to pull my reports directly from Equifax, Transunion and Experian to find out? I'm really worried now that the disputes I did in the past to clean up my report are going to bit me when I go to close on a house.
Message 51 of 147
Hawksfan
Established Member

Update here.  After a few hours I was able to get the removal process rolling.  I called Equifax and Transunion and was just able to ask them directly about any disputes, or the word dispute showing up.  This was without actually pulling a report.  Equifax was first and they said yes there was an account disputed.  I asked them to remove it, they said no you need to contact the CA.  I called the CA asked them to pull up account.  They did and said yes it's in dispute. I told them I'm no longer disputing it and to please mail and fax me a form saying it's no longer disputed.  And to please electronically notify the CRA's of the fact I'm not disputing it.  They had no problem and are supposed to be mailing, faxing, and notifying.  I called Transunion next, they said they needed the letter so once I get it I'll send it to them and supposedly in five day after receiving it they will remove the notation.  Experian was a tad tougher.  To even get someone on the line I needed to pull a report, so I paid the eleven dollars for the report on their site and got a report number.  I called Experian back, entered my report number and was able to get someone on the phone.  They actually just on my statement were able to remove the notation.  They claim in 72 hours I'll get an email saying the notation removal is complete.  Perhaps I did not even need to contact the CRA's directly but I did anyways.  Perhaps the CA will notify them and it will be removed that way.  Either way I'm well on my way to getting this potential hurdle removed in my mortgage process.  I haven't gone to a LO yet but plan to in the next two weeks.  I just hope there are no other obstacles to remove before getting my FHA loan.  I also hope I did not hurt my score by getting these notations removed but it was a chance I was willing to take after reading all the dispute horror stories.  I hope this helps!

Message 52 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reports on MyFico should accurately report the dispute comments; at least for me it did.  Once they were removed, I ordered an updated credit report which no longer showed the dispute comments.  Unfortunately, it also showed the credit score dropped by a bunch of points. 

Definitely good to have them removed prior to having credit pulled by the lender- wish I had done the same, would have made things much easier.  Even though Equifax removed the scores and provided a confirmation letter, my lender demanded the CA provide proof.  Luckily, 2 of the 3 lenders were cooperative and provided the confirmation right away.  The 3rd CA said they couldn't because they stopped reporting the account 2 days prior.

Message 53 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mod cut!

We aren't allowed to post our personal information or that of others in the forums. This includes names, telephone numbers and email addresses.

--fused, myfico moderator

Message 54 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just called the number at the beginning of this discussion... Left my information on the voice mail ..15 minutes later received a call back from Donna . "report is ready to be pulled "!!! Myfico is awesome !!!!
Message 55 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your score will plumment after the dispute comments are removed. My experian dropped by 90 points, ouch! Luckily, I had my lender pull my scores again the same day that the disputes were removed so the scores had not adjusted by then.

Message 56 of 147
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

Can someone pm me the phone number
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 57 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone PM me Dorothy's number??? Please, I really need her help!!!! Thans

Message 58 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

Click that #1 down there
Message 59 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

This may be a repeat message,  Could you email me the number for Dorothy. I have till the end of may to get my loan closed, if not I am going to loose it. I cannot get equifax to budge on removing a dispute comment. Thank you so much. Yvonne   My email is Mod Cut.

Hi yvonniep and welcome to the forums.

Personal information is not allowed to be posted. You are free to exchange such things via PM (Personal Messge).

MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Message 60 of 147
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.