cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any tips for removing dispute remarks with Equifax?

tag
src12
New Visitor

Re: Any tips for removing dispute remarks with Equifax?

Update..to above post.. I finally got someone else at Equifax to remove it, but now Transunion won't remove it after speaking to two different people!!  This is crazy!

Message 91 of 147
Calito360

Hi. I'm in the same situation. Equifax is the only one giving me problems. Can you tell me what number you used and who you spoke to? I'm closing in 30 days and would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Starting Score: (July 2012) EQ 556, TU 600, EX 600 (All Lender Pulled)
Current Score: Same
Goal Score: High 700s across the board by end of year

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 92 of 147
sugspc1
Established Member

I'm in the same boat. I'm waiting in Equifax to update and I'm beting they are going to take the full 30 days!  No matter how many times I call. They said they are waiting on one creditor, HSBC to confirm. Thing is..there is nothing on HSBC that should even have a dispute. It's updated, my balance is paid in full, it's current (no late payments). It's fine. The other account has been paid in full (Midland) and they agreed to remove the dispute comment. It's just Equifax dragging butt!.  Trans Union and Experian both updated in two days. 

I have never had so many problems tring to even get a pre-approval for a mortgage. I've been trying to get this done since the beginning of the year!  I'm almost ready to give up!

~Jennifer~

Score Avg 651

Message 93 of 147
Calito360

Update........I was contacted back by a WONDERFUL person from Equifax and after a few days the disputes were all closed. Thank you!

Starting Score: (July 2012) EQ 556, TU 600, EX 600 (All Lender Pulled)
Current Score: Same
Goal Score: High 700s across the board by end of year

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 94 of 147
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

What if it says disputed? I disputed Midland and LVNV Funding. Both now say disputed. My wife and i are looking to buy a house this summer. LVNV falls off in october of this year & Midland November 2014.

Message 95 of 147
igids1
Regular Contributor

I.could use.the.info for.Dorothy as well. Thanks.
Message 96 of 147
Naijamummy

Would also love to have Dorothy information pls... Need to work on my case too. Thanks guy and keep up the good workSmiley Happy

Message 97 of 147
YvesinNC

Hello all,

I was meant to close on my mortgage last week, but someone there was an account on my credit report with "customer disputes this account information".  Unfortunately for me the creditor reporting it is Seventh Avenue which from what I heard is a shady company.  I've contacted them several times and even made payments to whatever it was they were charging me but yet the fail to update the 3 bureaus (yes I know, why did I pay - simplest question, I want to close on my mortgage whatever it takes).  Calling this company doesn't accomplish anything and I just want the comment be removed.  I have heard of this Dorothy personnel in Equifax and I wouldn't mind find out her contact number or email so I can speak to her.  I've called Equifax CS, but they are no help as well, I guess I have to go a little higher.

Thank you!

Message 98 of 147
byronmelinda25

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Best-Way-to-Remove-quot-Account-In-Dispute-quot-for-M...

The info in that link is what we used to contact Dorothy at Equifax, and she removed the comments the same day. Of course Midland put them back on, but that's another story. Anyway my husband just left her a detailed voicemail with his information, and that was all that was needed. I wish there was a Dorothy at Transunion, they are the difficult ones for us. Good luck!

Message 99 of 147
YvesinNC

Thank you so much for the information and would like to share my experience so that others who have problem getting "disputed" comment remove can expedite their removal - I wish I would have found this sooner and close on their mortgage loan.

I called yesterday and left a voicemail for Dorothy but didn't receive a call back.  I called again today and had to leave a message on Melody's voicemail regarding my situation.  Left her my SSN, Confirmation # (this is helpful as she was able to pull my account info before even calling me), two phone numbers, and an explanation of my situation and what I would like to accomplish.  When I spoke to her, I explained again what was happening.  She was extremely pleasant to talk to and I was courteous/polite the entire time I was on the phone with her (this helps a lot particularly if you want someone to do something for you).  After I was done explaining that the "dispute" comment on my CR is causing a delay on my Fannie Mae mortgage loan, she repeated what I wanted done and immediately stated "I can take care of that for you".  Of course, it helped that I told her I"ve been in contact with the creditor -repeatedly- and they have failed to send updates to Equifax repeatedly and went as far as reporting this company to BBB (but unfortunately 7th Ave is not BBB acredited so that didn't help me at all).  My entire conversation with Melody lasted no more than ten minutes and she was able to remove the "disputed account" comment and verified that there are no other similar comments active on my CR.  She advised to have the lender re-run my CR after 24 hours as a "brand new application" so that it will pull the latest and most up-to-date record from their database.  I'm hoping that after all this, I finally able to close on my mortgage loan.

For those who are dealing with stubborn and unhelpful creditors such as Seventh Ave (7th Ave).  I suggest that you contact Equifax Executive Consumer Services at the link provided on this thread.  Make sure that you have attempted to contact the creditor directly and that are deemed unhelpful - which in my case they were.

Keywords:  remove dispute, remove consumer dispute, equifax executive consumer services, seventh ave credit report problems.

@byronmelinda25 wrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Best-Way-to-Remove-quot-Account-In-Dispute-quot-for-M...

The info in that link is what we used to contact Dorothy at Equifax, and she removed the comments the same day. Of course Midland put them back on, but that's another story. Anyway my husband just left her a detailed voicemail with his information, and that was all that was needed. I wish there was a Dorothy at Transunion, they are the difficult ones for us. Good luck!

Message 100 of 147
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.